Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I LOIKE LOLCATS, BIY (Was:Why the fawk am i not allowed to view my own Citys forum?)

Options
  • 11-01-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

i would like an explanation for this.
    the only sub forum i cant access on this site is my own city's sub forum

- the Cork City forum.

Is this part of some sick joke?
    Great example the mods are setting by dissalowing people from that region to view their own forum. :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think you were banned from it for this comment (log out to view it) by RoundyMooney. Send him a pm.

You called everyone a bunch of gayers and you're surprised that you're banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

I think you were banned from it for this comment (log out to view it) by RoundyMooney. Send him a pm.

You called everyone a bunch of gayers and you're surprised that you're banned?

People were showing a lot of discrimation against a certain group of people,
    A group who were memebers of a well known Cork website & forum of which i am also a member of.

Its the discriminators i addressed as gayers yes, not everyone.

Now i cant see why these discriminators did not get banned, and one discriminating comment from myself, constituted a ban.

Indeed Roundy showed some discrimination himself, by picking on the minority.

Lets see what he has to say for himself......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hmm. Now in Feedback, which is where it should be.

Seeing as you've come here to rip the piss, don't be overly surprised if you don't get the warmest of welcomes.

This issue stems from a long standing and retarded rivalry between PROC (Peoples
    RepublicofCork.com) and the Cork forum.

The latest PROC thread is here: http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/showthread.php?t=122371

They enjoy such intellectual pursuits as shite bombing third party sites and calling each other cunts.

Before I even saw this, I had to siteban a three post troll who had signed up, just to stir the pot, here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214761

My approach is, they leave us alone, and we leave them alone. A note to this effect was added to the charter there last night, again, before I saw this. The PROCers were antagonised by posts on the Cork City forum, which again is now a breach of that forum's rules.

Bans will not be applied in retrospect for this, but personal abuse bans (like yours) will stand unless I can be convinced otherwise.

I think the fact that some of the more long term users on PROC are pissed off with the place says more about it than I can, but that's their own business.

Anyone throwing shapes from either side of the divide will henceforth be removed from the category, and I trust that puts an end to it.

Seeing as you've come here to rip the piss,

Again discrimination on your behalf thinking you know everything about me.

I have being a member of this forum for 2 years for your information,
    Up to this point my posts have been serious, regarding information and technology, and posted not "to rip the piss out of anyone."

Last night i posted some fail picks, and i made a parody name from your username.

Am i not allowed to have a little bit of fun after 2 years of serious posts?
    You've done the same by changing the title of this thread by adding "I LOIKE LOLCATS BIY"
    Perhaps you should be banned or de-modded too?

You honestly need to get your facts straight first if you want to be worthy of your role.

I don't stand for such bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

lol! ... GAYERS?! Thats a new one to me.

My sister married a man from cork, great ppl, but you guys down there sure are different! ;)

Gayers... lmfao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its not your forum any more then its my forum. For what its worth I think RoundyMooney's discrimination is both blatant and sickening. What exactly is your problem with ****tards RoundyMooney? ****tards have as much a right to exist and post on forums as the rest of us.

snyper wrote: »
    lol! ... GAYERS?! Thats a new one to me.

My sister married a man from cork, great ppl, but you guys down there sure are different! ;)

Gayers... lmfao

Maybe the stereotypical cork people ya, but isnt every individual unique in their own way? ;)

Haha, "gayer" is an infectious word alright! :D

Well, there is the accent...

Hes not too bad, but some cork ppl have an accent that would require subtitles on their chest for me to understand them :D :P

Boston wrote: »
    ****tards have as much a right to exist and post on forums as the rest of us.

Exactly, thats why i'm appealing my case.

If an apology for my comment is all thats required to lift the ban, i'd gladly do it.

I'd even forget about the comments i said that in retaliation to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Well, there is the accent...

Hes not too bad, but some cork ppl have an accent that would require subtitles on their chest for me to understand them :D :P

The typical cork accent is one of the most awful accents in the county imo!

To describe it mathematically, the pitch goes up and down like a perfect sine wave!

Its a bit like this:

mainpower_sine_wave.jpg

............." Howsss......It....Gooooo-inggg.....Boyyyyyyyyyyy!!! "

Originally Posted by Boston
    ****tards have as much a right to exist and post on forums as the rest of us.

I would imagine that the owners of boards.ie would probably state that, membership to the forums is a priviledge not a "right", and within that "priviledge" we agree to obide by the rules.

I know i sound like a bit of a bollix, but as a guy that been on quite a few forums, i see this is what the general opinion is.

Again discrimination on your behalf thinking you know everything about me.

Quite. Discrimination is a rather serious allegation. Can you define exactly how I was discriminatory toward you? Just for shits and giggles, like.
    I have being a member of this forum for 2 years for your information,
    Up to this point my posts have been serious, regarding information and technology, and posted "to rip the piss out of anyone."

You signed up in '05 to pimp your site, buggered off for twelve months or so, came back sporadically in '06, and posted more or less under the radar until, egged on by your buddies in PROC, thought it would be a good idea to make retarded comments on the Cork forum, in an attempt to start some kind of nerd war.
    Last night i posted some fail picks, and i made a parody name from your username.

So? I didn't ban you for that, did I? I didn't even see this thread until this morning, because you'd posted it on South, rather than here, for some inexplicable reason.
    Am i not allowed to have a little bit of fun after 2 years of serious posts?
    You've done the same by changing the title of this thread by adding "I LOIKE LOLCATS BIY"
    Perhaps you should be banned or de-modded too?

If posting "gayers" in big letters is your idea of fun, you either need to get out more, or modify your medication.
    You honestly need to get your facts straight first if you want to be worthy of your role.

I don't stand for such bigotry.

There you go with the bigotry again. If your going to throw big boys words around, you need to read up on their meaning, or troll elsewhere.
    Boston wrote: »
    Its not your forum any more then its my forum. For what its worth I think RoundyMooney's discrimination is both blatant and sickening. What exactly is your problem with ****tards RoundyMooney? ****tards have as much a right to exist and post on forums as the rest of us.

I am suitably chastened, B. I don't know what came over me. :D

Exactly, thats why i'm appealing my case.

Could have fooled me. I'm still looking at this with an open mind, but you're closing it rather quickly...
    If an apology for my comment is all thats required to lift the ban, i'd gladly do it.

Umm...
    me wrote:
    Bans will not be applied in retrospect for this, but personal abuse bans (like yours) will stand unless I can be convinced otherwise.
    I'd even forget about the comments i said that in retaliation to.

That's big of you.

buggered off for twelve months or so,
    Wrong, i didnt post for 12 months, this does not mean i did not view the boards for that period.
    So? I didn't ban you for that, did I?
    Youre argument was that i came on here just "to take the piss out of people".
    I disproved that already, plus it seems okay for you to take the piss.
    If posting "gayers" in big letters is your idea of fun, you either need to get out more, or modify your medication.
    Further bigotry! You forgot to add "IMO" to the end of that sentence.
    It was one comment, get over it.
    There you go with the bigotry again. If your going to throw big boys words around, you need to read up on their meaning, or troll elsewhere.
    Bigotry is quite a small word imo, its only 7 letters long.

If this is your attitude to users, then id be wasting my apologising for one comment!

Safe journey lad! ;)

Wrong, i didnt post for 12 months, this does not mean i did not view the boards for that period.

Irrelevant, participation here is defined as posting rather than lurking. No one can see you when you read.
    Youre argument was that i came on here just "to take the piss out of people".
    I disproved that already, plus it seems okay for you to take the piss.

Yes. Here being the South category, where you started this thread, and where I responded to you.

Feedback is LOLcat central, for better or worse, hence the reference.

Your posts of last night weren't pisstaking then?
    Further bigotry! You forgot to add "IMO" to the end of that sentence.
    It was one comment, get over it.

It was a series of comments actually, up to now. None of which is convincing me that you'll behave if I let you back in. That's the root issue at the end of the day.
    Bigotry is quite a small word imo, its only 7 letters long.

Big boy's word, not big word. Subtle yet important difference.
    If this is your attitude to users, then id be wasting my apologising for one comment!

Pity you feel that way, I was quite prepared to lift the ban if you undertook to behave in there. I'm not so proud as to withhold access on foot of an apology, but I will do so if I feel a user is going to cause me more hassle down the line.

I'm still looking at this with an open mind, but you're closing it rather quickly...
    You say so, yet you were very quick to close it and judge my purpose on this forum, false judgements at that.
    The only person who can close your mind is you mate! ;)

Irrelevant, participation here is defined as posting rather than lurking. No one can see you when you read.
    Yes they can, all they need to do is view my profile to see which thread I'm reading.
    As a mod, you should have known that! ;)
    Your posts of last night weren't pisstaking then?
    I already said i was having fun last night.
    To be more accurate it was just with the "RowdyMoody" comment.
    The fail pics were just being shared along with yours, no hidden meanding behind them.
    None of which is convincing me that you'll behave if I let you back in. That's the root issue at the end of the day.
    Tbh, not to be judgemental or anything, but i cetainly feel that no matter what i could say, it would be too big of you to lift the ban.
    Its just the vibe i get lets say,its not fact of course.

Pity you feel that way, I was quite prepared to lift the ban if you undertook to behave in there. I'm not so proud as to withhold access on foot of an apology, but I will do so if I feel a user is going to cause me more hassle down the line.
    I think i have behaved quite well with my appeal, i havent resorted to personal insults like you have, (as little as they are , and no offense taken. ;)).
    I have pointed out that i felt you were being a tad unfair.
    And i have refrained form doing so in an abusive manner.

I think i have undertook to behave on here well enough imo.

Ive done what i can.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What??

You posted a giant "GAYERS!" post and then when challenged about it you said it referred to "all of them" (paraphrased).

Then you come here and try to make some pseudo-intellectual argument for why you shouldnt be banned??

Roundy, the ban is permanent on my instruction. We wont be losing anything.
    Thread closes in 24 hours.

DeV.

You say so, yet you were very quick to close it and judge my purpose on this forum, false judgements at that.
    The only person who can close your mind is you mate! ;)

Umm. Your initial post on this issue was a troll plain and simple. Here we refer to such arguments using the term "fight teh powah".

Such as: "Why the fawk? Is this part of some sick joke?
    Great example the mods are setting by dissalowing people from that region to view their own forum.

I don't think that's a very mature way to question a banning that you knew precisely why you received (as based on your posts on PROC).
    Wrong! Yes they can, all they need to do is view my profile to see which thread I'm reading.
    As a mod, you should have known that! ;)

I'm quite aware of it. How do we constitute a history of your time here, based on something that vBulletin does not record, and is only available in real time, for those users who don't browse invisibly? I stand over my comment.
    I already said i was having fun last night.
    To be more accurate it was just with the "RowdyMoody" comment.
    The fail pics were just being shared along with yours, no hidden meanding behind them.

You keep assuming I'm taking this personally. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Tbh, not to be judgemental or anything, but i cetainly feel that no matter what i could say, it would be too big of you to lift the ban.
    Its just the vibe i get lets say,its not fact of course.

Well, for my part, I think you're more interested in attempting to score points rather than simply saying, "Yes, I acted the tit. I realise this is a totally different community to PROC, and will act accordingly and not troll or abuse others", or something like that. It's what I would be aiming at anyway, if I was in your shoes...
    I think i have behaved quite well with my appeal

You still seem to think you were right to make the post that got you banned from the forum, and that I was somehow discriminatory in not banning others who didn't resort to your lofty level of trollage.

I'll say it again, another bitchfest kicked off last night, as a result of which, the thread in question has been locked, and the CC charter modified to prohibit, specifically, taking the piss out of PROCers.

If you're expecting me to do more, apply retrospective bans, or basically pat you on the head and tell you your actions were justified, I'm afraid that isn't happening.

@ Dev:

Consider it upheld :)

• Advertisement

Umm. Your initial post on this issue was a troll plain and simple.
    In your opinion it was a troll yes, I was extremely shocked that the word gayer could constitute a ban.
    Seemed a bit harsh imo, when there was similar comments inflicted on proc memebers.
    If i was to be immature i would of used the original word which "fawk" derives from, by using alternative character for F,which looks like F, which would get around the ban on the word.
    I stand over my comment.
    it was a false comment to be made in all fairness, but at least you updated it.
    if it was me i'd stand over the updated version.
    I don't think that's a very mature way to question a banning that you knew precisely why you received (as based on your posts on PROC).
    "Yes, I acted the tit. I realise this is a totally different community to PROC, and will act accordingly and not troll or abuse others",.

Since the proc is a totally different community, my posts on their should have no bearing tbh, as i am required to behave in a entirely different manner.
    And i have done so, for over 2 years.

I already offered to apologise, and my apology indeed would have being along the lines of your example.
    But nowhere in this thread have you said it would be acceptable enough to lift the ban.

IN response to your last comment, im not expecting you to do anything more than to be fair and balanced.

My complaint on here was that, if users are going to insult of a group of people, then they should be banned from that subforum as well as someone who retaliates by calling those people "Gayers".

Ironically i think your response to that comment is much more insulting:
    Insinuating that i have a problem with my mental health, and social problem is a serious insult, and is much more immature than using the words "fawk", or "sick joke" in a post.

In all fairness, if using the word gayers is prohibited, a comment like that should be prohibited also, wether its used by a mod or not.

This is an injustice imho.

Is there a rule that mods are allowed to be insulting to members on here?

DeVore wrote: »
    What??
    Roundy, the ban is permanent on my instruction. We wont be losing anything.

DeV.

And how about the group of insulting people i directed my comment towards?

Will they also be banned from the sub forum?
    Or will ye be "losing something" by doing that.

is that how ye justify things on here?
    Is it okay lets say for online friends of yours to be insulting on here, but for someone you dont know, its an immediate ban because you wont be "loosing anything" by doing it?

Seems a bit unfair imo.

If i was a mod on here, i would certainly have banned each person insulting others on that thread, as it is prohibited by the board rules.
    I certainly wouldnt have picked up the minority, by banning just onw individual.
    Especially when that individual did not start the confrontation in the first place.

Surely this seems fair? It seems to be the most balanced thing to do imo.

And i look forward to viewing your response, to my comment about your insult. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If i was a mod on here, i would certainly have banned each person insulting others on that thread, as it is prohibited by the board rules.
    I don't believe you, you would have reported the posts if that was the case.

Gordon wrote: »
    I don't believe you, you would have reported the posts if that was the case.

Not if i was the head mod. ;)

But yeah, if i had the same rank as Roundy, i would have reported it first and waited for the decision.
    Procedure has to be followed. Which isnt the case with that insult im complaining about.

Point taken. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not if i was the head mod. ;)

But yeah, if i had the same rank as Roundy, i would have reported it first and waited for the decision.
    Procedure has to be followed. Which isnt the case with that insult im complaining about.

Point taken. ;)
    No, I mean, if you felt that people should have been banned (and would have banned them if you were a mod) then you as a user would have reported the threads to the moderator.

Mods don't have to follow a certain procedure to ban people on the forum they moderate, they are trusted by the admins for their judgement skills. Any quibbles can be taken up with Admins/Higher Mods here or on Helpdesk. As happened in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Omg only 24 hours to raise my post count!

postcount +1 (ahhh)

Gordon wrote: »
    No, I mean, if you felt that people should have been banned (and would have banned them if you were a mod) then you as a user would have reported the threads to the moderator.

Mods don't have to follow a certain procedure to ban people on the forum they moderate, they are trusted by the admins for their judgement skills. Any quibbles can be taken up with Admins/Higher Mods here or on Helpdesk. As happened in this thread.

Tbh i didnt know that those comments, and my comment would of constituted a ban at the time.

I suppose if it happened again i would report them if them, if it was me who was affected.

I think it should be upto the one whos insulted to decide wether it should be reported or not, unless it was an extreme breach of conduct such as racism, or discrimination of the highest order, or leaking their personal info illegally without permission.

For petit coments like the ones in that thread, i would feel like a "rat" reporting people, because i did not think the mods could ban them for comments that small, or comments like "gayers". ;)

But anyway its being an interesting of discussing morals i have to say.
    Thanks for your input dude.

....if not a total waste of time, which could be spent discussing more important morals in the real word such as abortion, war, Increasing the tax on drink etc..... :o

• Advertisement

This is a moot discussion now anyway, since the owner of the site has upheld my decision. Anyway some of your points bear response, since you appear to be deliberately missing the point in relation to some of my remarks here.

I drew attention to your PROC posts (apparently we're all ****, not just some of us) because you expressed there precisely why you were banned, making your bemusement a blatant lie. You can post paedo pics over there for all we care, it is not our concern.

If you felt so strongly about mooted bans being required, why did you not report the posts so that they could be dealt with, as has been indicated to you?

If I was to report every post and await an admin response before actioning, both they, and I would get nothing done, and in that event, was would the point be in having forum mods?

It's irrelevant now, but I don't recall you offering an apology, I did say that one was not as necessary as an undertaking not to cause further hassle down the line.

You provided neither, but attempted to muddy the waters by putting your own interpretation on events, and asking questions that you already knew the answer to, that had been answered but ignored by you, or that didn't need asking in the first place.

Bottom line, I don't believe you'll behave, in fact I think you'll have a good laugh over the road with the biys, and call us all uptight **** or something.

Shame, all this could have been avoided if you didn't let things go to your head, and behave with a little open mindedness yourself when all this kicked off.

Be good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement