Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's always the same people on here. How do we get more involved?

Options
  • 11-01-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Loads (and loads) of people seem to look at the "threads" (or what ever you call them) but how do we get more people to "disicuss" and get in to the "action"?

Great site , great board, respect (and all that)!! But i feel there are loads of people who "look" but don't post and give an opinion because they are always wrong (?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Loads (and loads) of people seem to look at the "threads" (or what ever you call them) but how do we get more people to "disicuss" and get in to the "action"?

Great site , great board, respect (and all that)!! But i feel there are loads of people who "look" but don't post and give an opinion because they are always wrong (?)
    You need to relax a little. People will post what they want and when they want to. Activity and participance on threads varies (I'd imagine) according to levels of interest in given subjects. I don't think anyone is particularly bothered if someone else disagrees with them on the forum. It's pretty anonymous.
    However, If you genuinely want more people involved. Tell your neighbours about the forum. It is a valuable asset to the estate and it's residents and provides people with a lot of useful information on services in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

You need to relax a little. People will post what they want and when they want to. Activity and participance on threads varies (I'd imagine) according to levels of interest in given subjects
    I don't think anyone is particularly bothered if someone else disagrees with them on the forum. It's pretty anonymous.
    However, If you genuinely want more people involved. Tell your neighbours about the forum. It is a valuable asset to the estate and it's residents and provides people with a lot of useful information on services in the area.

Thanks, i have aleady told my neighbours about this valuable forum ....and i'm so relax you would not beleive.

I am interested in why we get so many looks but not so many people who contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Thanks for the input DT, it's always appreciated.

Every forum has its lurchers. I lurch on quite a few fora on Boards and only post occasionally. This is because someone may have already posted the point or opinion I was going to, therefore I don't see the point in repeating it. I'm sure it's the same here.

As for disagreement, everyone has an opinion and they won't always match yours. If you don't agree, remember, it's only the internet. Eoin and I do our best to keep the muppets at bay and therefore the trolling is relatively low key.

If you want to get more involved then you just need to post more. But remember quantity doesn't always equal quality.

Finally, with the exception of the Dublin City forum, this is the busiest in the Regional category and is one of the busiest across all of Boards.ie. I'd be delighted if it was THE busiest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

Great thanks for the info, you know the traffic and amount of people getting involved!! I don't.

It's great that it up there and I too would hope and encourage it to become the busiest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There was talk of flyers being put up in Superquinn to let people know about the forum. One of the site administrators (DeVore), said this shouldn't be a problem at all, once he or another admin can review it first.

This is a handy link to give people: http://sayhi.to/charlesland - its probably a bit easier to remember than http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=625

Mike - is this really one of the busiest overall? I wonder if Cloud has a more detailed breakdown of the traffic per forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I brought this up some time back...got the relevant approval from the powers the be...did up the flyer with sayhi.to site, posted it on the notice board in Superquinn, went back an hour later (forgot to get something in the shop) and it had already been removed! Needless to say the whole notice board was cleared out (my bubble was not exactly burst!). I meant to post a notice on the shuttle bus also however as I don't use it I never got the chance to do so.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 shay123

Hi
    I am the manager in The pharmacy in Greystones
    I would be happy to post a notice about the boards
    Read it all the time
    astrofluff wrote: »
    I brought this up some time back...got the relevant approval from the powers the be...did up the flyer with sayhi.to site, posted it on the notice board in Superquinn, went back an hour later (forgot to get something in the shop) and it had already been removed! Needless to say the whole notice board was cleared out (my bubble was not exactly burst!). I meant to post a notice on the shuttle bus also however as I don't use it I never got the chance to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I work in the cafe in the centre and I'm sure the lads would be delighted to put a notice up about the Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'll run off a copy of the notice I did up...foxy/shay, if you don't mind sending me a PM for persons to ask for to put up the flyer in respective est.

Cheers, Astro!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin_s wrote: »
    There was talk of flyers being put up in Superquinn to let people know about the forum. One of the site administrators (DeVore), said this shouldn't be a problem at all, once he or another admin can review it first.

This is a handy link to give people: http://sayhi.to/charlesland - its probably a bit easier to remember than http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=625

Mike - is this really one of the busiest overall? I wonder if Cloud has a more detailed breakdown of the traffic per forum...
    Not the busiest overall Eoin, just the busiest after Dublin City in the Regional Category.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

Nice one Shay and Foxy,
    I dont actually live in Charlesland but I was delighted when I found this forum,and have been spreading the word to anyone who uses the net.
    It would be great to get the whole town/area involved and get some real consensus going.
    go team boards
    :D

Advertisement