Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killings signed with WWE...

• 11-01-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    -- Former TNA wrestler Ron "The Truth" Killings was telling people at an indy show he was on last week that he was going to sign the contract World Wrestling Entertainment offered him. His deal is an $80,000 per year downside guarantee, thus meaning that he will bypass developmental and head straight for the main roster upon his arrival.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back, seems it was only a matter of time....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It seems Chris Harris will be coming in with a similar deal. I can't see where they are gonna fit into WWE.
    I suppose Killings could join Benjamin and Burke on ECW and Harris could be an IC/US/ECW title contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

K-Kwik returns eh?

"We gettin rowdy!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I did expect him to be back in WWE at some stage but certainly not this soon.
    Although he has been quite vocal about TNA in the last year,I think that he just wanted to get out of there.Lets see what WWE have in store for him this time around....me thinks ECW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Right, Killings, MVP, Burke and Benjamin join together to reform the Nation of Domination- What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I'd prefer Killings with Burke, Benjamin and Lashley from my answer in the ATH factions question. N.W.A. indeed!

I see why WWE signed Killings but I don't get this Harris rumour at all. I kinda think its not true anyway, especially after TNA wishing him all the best in his future endeavours. Sounds like a work to me. Besides, Harris is just meh, I don't see what he could add to the WWE roster at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 truth_enigma

The Harris thing is a done deal, and is working his last matches for TNA, putting a few people over, just like Low Ki.

Killings, however, I don't get. He's an average at best worker with a terrible gimmick. Best case scenario is he comes out and challlanges Cena who destroy him, and he gets sent to developmental for ever. He was dated 5 years ago, now he's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The Harris thing is a done deal, and is working his last matches for TNA, putting a few people over, just like Low Ki

I'm not so sure that the Harris thing is a done deal as far as WWE are concerned. It sounds a lot like Harris was using them for leverage in getting a better deal. Maybe WWE will sign him, but I don't think that it's a done deal

Low-Ki is gone though, he's the new PWG world champ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that the Harris thing is a done deal as far as WWE are concerned. It sounds a lot like Harris was using them for leverage in getting a better deal. Maybe WWE will sign him, but I don't think that it's a done deal

Low-Ki is gone though, he's the new PWG world champ!

And I can guaran-damn-tee he'll be back in ROH by the time the 6th Anniversary Show rolls around. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I must have missed him the first time around. He obviously popped in during one of the times I missed a lot of WWE shows, or else he just didn't register with me.

I thought he was fairly good when I watched him on TNA a few years back. Haven't seen TNA in a while, although a friend tells me it has been really good lately. I'll have to check out one of their shows. Not too pushed on Angle being champ though. Never really liked him (his persona. Can't fault his ability).

Terry wrote: »
    Haven't seen TNA in a while, although a friend tells me it has been really good lately.

Your friend lies. Although their most recent show wasn't as bad as usual

Angle's persona in TNA is that he's a stupid idiot and that his wife doesn't trust him to beat any of his opponents

• Advertisement

Your friend lies. Although their most recent show wasn't as bad as usual

Angle's persona in TNA is that he's a stupid idiot and that his wife doesn't trust him to beat any of his opponents
    I had a look at the website the other day and watched a few of the videos. It did seem a bit silly and looked as bad as the dark days of WCW.

Sorry for bringing this off topic, but is Russo still there?

On the recent outsiders shoot Hall and Nash tried to put him over as a decent writer (mostly Nash), but I just didn't buy it. I really think the guy is a clown.

Yeah, Russo's been back there over a year now, which funnily enough coincided with when TNA shows got worse

Yeah, Russo's been back there over a year now, which funnily enough coincided with when TNA shows got worse
    In fairness to Russo, he wasn't entirely responsible for the downfall of WCW, but he played a huge role and will probably do the same with TNA.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Vince is giving him a backhander to throw a spanner in the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

I think the nation of domination idea would be good but i think it would be better if it was killings,Benjamin,MVP and Ron simmons as there leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Have'nt watched WWE in a while, killings was good was always surprised he got the shove. He seemed to have made it with Road Dogg that time, once raod dogg got fired he follwed pretty soon. He impressed the hell out of me, the few TNA matches i saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well I think Killings being in WWE wouldn't be too bad. I mean a feud with Cena would fit perferctly wouldn't it? Maybe a short alliance followed by Killings turning on him.

Thinking about Harris. He and Chuck Palumbo could make a good tag team on Smackdown. Now I haven't watched SD in a long time and I don't know what Palumbo is up to these days but last I saw him, he had this biker gimmick and I think the two of them would have 'the look' of a good team.

I hear the Big Show is on his way back aswell. I'm a big fan of the guy so I'm looking forward to that even though because Im studying in England at the moment I wont get to see much of him. I'm not bothered too much though because I think WWE is in a dire state at the moment. Its just PPVs and the odd RAW for me. Couldnt care for SD.

This is my first post in months so.... hello all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I really hope they don't try another Nation angle. Just becuse they're black doesn't mean they should all be lumped together in a faction.

And I never liked Killings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Anyone think Big Show is HHH's oppenent next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

ec18 wrote: »
    Anyone think Big Show is HHH's oppenent next week?
    SPOILER ALERT :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nah, Show for a suprise Rumble spot, having him clear 2 r 3 guys immediately upon entry, and then putting in a good shift, but narrowly missing out on the win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nah, Show for a suprise Rumble spot, having him clear 2 r 3 guys immediately upon entry, and then putting in a good shift, but narrowly missing out on the win.

just when the commentators are going on about "how can anybody get the great Khali over the top rope" Big Shows music hits, he comes in gets rid of the big man but is knocked out himself by about three guys behind him as he does. Then the two big fellas fight all the way to the back and start a feud nobody wants to see going into No way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

just when the commentators are going on about "how can anybody get the great Khali over the top rope" Big Shows music hits, he comes in gets rid of the big man but is knocked out himself by about three guys behind him as he does. Then the two big fellas fight all the way to the back and start a feud nobody wants to see going into No way out.

I dunno it could be interesting....if they already hadn't teamed together to against the UnderTaker....and both Hadn't been beaten......Khali/Show would at least be better than Khali/Hornswaggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Think HHH mystery opponent will be Big show on raw next week to get into the royal rumble, thats just my guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Think HHH mystery opponent will be Big show on raw next week to get into the royal rumble, thats just my guess

I dunno would the WWE want Show to job on his return, but if they did then I would not rule out Lashley he's meant to be back now is he not?

Advertisement