Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations - Best Score/Soundtrack for a Film in 2007

• 11-01-2008 11:50pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What movie's musical numbers drew you into the picture this year? Be it an original score, or a smart selection of soundtrack, you can place it for nomination here.

To be eligible, the score/soundtrack must be from a film released on Irish cinema screens between 1/1/2007-18/1/2008 (inclusive). Each voter can only nominate a maximum of two titles for this category only. Any further votes shall be ignored.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Paprika: terrific synth score
    Once: astonishing use of music, even if they are mostly composed by Glen Hansard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

Across the Universe OST
    Seriously, I was never one for the beatles, to be honest I thought they were overhyped and just not my kind of music. This Film made me think otherwise because of it's soundtrack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sunshine - Insanely good collaboration between John Murphy and Underworld.
    Transformers - This one was a suprise for me. Very epic score from Steve Jablonsky.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sunshine - To my mind this is easily the best soundtrack/score of the year with nobody else even close. Absolutely beautiful and it's a crime that legal entanglements have prevented it being released. So far only one track is available - bring out more! [tempted to override all your nominations and make this the outright winner :)]

The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson served up a nice selection here. Nothing outstanding mind you, and it doesn't match the use of Sigur Ros in "The Life Aquatic..." but one of my favourite collections of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There can only be one:

Sunshine - have to agree with ixoy. Easily the best score of the year - just truly magnificent stuff from Underworld. Only have shoddy ripped MP3's from the DVD of the score! :( Outright winner in my books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Transformers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

The Assassination of Jesse James-Nick Cave/Warren Ellis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Transformers
    I Am Legend (less is more)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Sunshine (best score I've heard in years, from the fantastic Underworld.)

Into The Wild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Transformers
    Pirates 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pirates 3
    Blades Of Glory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Transformers
    Black Snake Moan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Once

American Gangster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Sunshine
    Enchanted :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

The Fountain;
    Clint Mansell's best score since Requiem For A Dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ratatouile
    Darjeeling ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Sunshine
    30 Days of Night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Normally I'd go with Sunshine, but it is getting tons of support anyway, so I'll go with two or greats that have only one vote each:
    1. The Fountain.
    2. The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Once

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Once
    I am Legend...when the final credits rolled not one person moved to leave

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sunshine
    Once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Sunshine. I adore that I am Kloot track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Shoot em up.
    Transformers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement