Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download limits baah

Options
  • 11-01-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

so i am with eircom and i get a 20gb limit but always go over it and am afraid that some say they are going to turn around and say hello there can be please have 5c per mg please

and i will say good by to eircom but wondering if there is any sign of them doing this so far to people

and second of all who can you recommend that is cheap that has an unlimited download limit at what ever speed 1mb or 2mb i really do not mind.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭SeanW

Dunno if this helps but I broke my cap (on BT broadband) twice over the past two years, and was never charged. I don't think they're going to come back 6 months later and charge you 5c per MB on overuse 6 months prior. BTW with BT it's (ONLY :( ) 3c per MB.

I THINK it's like you generally don't get charged unless you're obviously taking the piss, but don't quote me on it.

Generally speaking there's no way to know in advance if you'll be charged for overuse - if you break your limits consistently, I'd suggest you go to the 3mb package, the one on BT gives you 30GB and Eircoms is probably the same. You might also have a look at their business packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ahh now come on. At this stage eircom know that if they start enforcing the cap they will be loosing a lot of customers on their first [WTF?!] bill. I do respect Eircom for the QOS they have given me. I still think the customer service is sh!t but you cant win them all.

It would take a big change of heart or a big gamble by eircom at this stage. They own most of the infrastructure. If yer acting the feck, eg DL'in 100/200+GB a month, and you get charged the 5c a meg all of a slap, well dont be surprised.

In before lock. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chickalacka

amazed that anyone uses anything other than smart. 4Gb down 256mb up for €15 per month. as well as no contention ratio and no cap. though i suppose not everyone can get it yet. but neighbours of mine who can still use BT and eircom. if these isps can get away with it what good is competition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

amazed that anyone uses anything other than smart. 4Gb down 256mb up for €15 per month. as well as no contention ratio and no cap. though i suppose not everyone can get it yet. but neighbours of mine who can still use BT and eircom. if these isps can get away with it what good is competition.

That's 4Mb down 256Kb up. There's a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'll never ever use smart, even if they offer me free broadband.

customer sales is awful.

i get a call from them to say that i could save money blah blah blah, would you like to sign up.

to which i said, can you ring back later as the bill payer will be in the house then?

a month passes, and we get a bill from smart from calls made since that initial phone call.
    bastards wouldn't let us change back to our original provider and my dad ended up taking them to the small claims court over it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ahh now come on. At this stage eircom know that if they start enforcing the cap they will be loosing a lot of customers on their first [WTF?!] bill. I do respect Eircom for the QOS they have given me. I still think the customer service is sh!t but you cant win them all.

It would take a big change of heart or a big gamble by eircom at this stage. They own most of the infrastructure. If yer acting the feck, eg DL'in 100/200+GB a month, and you get charged the 5c a meg all of a slap, well dont be surprised.

In before lock. :)

None the less while its clearly in there T&C's you'll still get people on this board bitching if/when Eircom/BT etc charge them for going over there cap.

At the end of the day the ISP is not doing anything wrong here, yes it might suck but you can't argue with it when thats what you agreed to.

Advertisement