Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you want to win the American election?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Well me personally I hope Hillary gets it. America really needs her to repair all the damage bush has done. People are now put off going to America beacasu of all the stuff bush has done I dont need to list it all I think we all know what I am getting at here. Also she might finally sort out americas health care and give the marginally poor working class heath care coverage.

I guess at this stage I would just be happy with a Democrat in the Whitehouse. Edwards does not stand a chance he keeps running like when he ran as John Kerrys VP canidate. Obama is more white in outlook than Hilary his polies are more white friedly. But still I would rather see a Democrat in office when it comes down to it I think it will be Obama and Clinton in the final running I hope and feel Hilary should just about beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Voted Obama, he's the only one i think isn't an arse... would hate to see clinton win, anyone who needs to cry into a camera for support is just asking for trouble when the sh*t hits the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

jjbrien wrote: »
    Well me personally I hope Hillary gets it. America really needs her to repair all the damage bush has done. People are now put off going to America beacasu of all the stuff bush has done I dont need to list it all I think we all know what I am getting at here. Also she might finally sort out americas health care and give the marginally poor working class heath care coverage.

I guess at this stage I would just be happy with a Democrat in the Whitehouse. Edwards does not stand a chance he keeps running like when he ran as John Kerrys VP canidate. Obama is more white in outlook than Hilary his polies are more white friedly. But still I would rather see a Democrat in office when it comes down to it I think it will be Obama and Clinton in the final running I hope and feel Hilary should just about beat him.

Pfft! She will shap her secretary and that will be her done. If she ever gets in that is. My prediction is that a white male will be elected. More people can relate to them that a minority candidate and men won't nuke Russia each month..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I vote for a post by a mod liniking to the politics forum and then this thread locked, don't agree? read the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

What a pitty, far too many of you voted for hiley and abama probbley because they are most featured in the news....

Ron Paul for prez, he has had some interesting things to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I reckon there's a good chance I'll end up winning this. I've been having a lucky streak lately.

John McC(l)ain. Especially if he did change his name to that.

The Terminator as governor of California and John McClain as president. What a super-power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm am American citizen and apparently could get a postal vote for the electios. However, apparently they don't count postal votes unless there's a tie. They just shove them in a drawer somewhere. So I don't think I'll bother!

I'd take a good interest in Irish politics, as my vote actually counts but I can't work up the required enthusiasm for America yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I don't give a flying f*ck. Where's that option in the poll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

DAEDULUS wrote: »
    ron paul, because he has a brain
    Your right.
    A bit in the white side, thats what you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

McCain is probably the first Republican in a long time I've any time for.

He's realistic and can stand his ground.

That said, I still disagree with him on a few issues.

I think America badly needs healthcare, but I doubt HIllary will be able to put it in place.Bill Clinton went in promising to put it in, then repeatedly dropping how many would be eligible etc.

slipss wrote: »
    I vote for a post by a mod liniking to the politics forum and then this thread locked, don't agree? read the thread.

I explained why I put this here in an earlier post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Out of curiosity have the people who picked ron paul because they think he'd be good at it and aren't just taking the piss took the time to read up on him.
    And do they really think he'd make a good president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Id like Ron Paul to get in just to watch the **** fly but I doubt he would win.

I thought I heard somewhere that
    Hilary clinton was on the Board of some major Health Insurance companies in America,If thats the case I cant see her doing America's Health System much good. Obama to win just for the novelty of America having a black President.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DaveMcG wrote: »
    * Explaining his flip-flop on gun control: "There are some major intervening events - Sept. 11 - which cast somewhat of a different light on the Second Amendment."

* Explaining why he interrupts speeches to take calls from his wife: "Since Sept. 11, most of the time when we get on a plane we talk to each other and just reaffirm the fact that we love each other."

* Defending his support for a wall along the Mexican border: "I support security at the borders. I think security is enormously important in the post-Sept. 11 period. I think we have to know who's coming into this country."

* Explaining why he wears an American flag lapel pin: "Each time I wear it, it reminds me of Sept. 11."

* Responding to a question about funding AIDS drugs: "I don't want to promise you the federal government will take over the role. My general experience has been that the federal government works best when it helps and assists and encourages and sets guidelines on a state-by-state, locality-by-locality basis. It's no different from the way I look at homeland security. Maybe having been mayor of the city, I know that your first defense against terrorist attack is that local police station, or that local firehouse."

* Responding to a question about his religiosity: "I need God's help for everything, and I probably feel that the most when I'm in crisis and under pressure, like Sept. 11, when I was dealing with prostate cancer, or when I'm trying to explain death to people."

* Explaining why he chastises Democrats: "They do not seem to get the fact that there are people - terrorists in this world, really dangerous people - that want to come here and kill us. That in fact they did come here and kill us."

* Responding to a question about his scandalous personal life: "You can judge me on my public record. I've had a long one. I've had an intense one. I've been under enormous pressure, took over a city that was the crime capital of America, had to handle the city at the very end, when it was part of the worst attack on America."

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/64706/

Senator Joe Biden on Rudi Giuliani

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now you will choose your candidate and FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

http://www.kungfuelection.com

Will you bring about the new Mormon Empire? ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Overheal wrote: »

That kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Uh, where´s the Morgan Freeman option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

ron paul!
    if only for the lulz

Overheal wrote: »

Good find, good find.

• Advertisement

after youre done with that spend a few hours of your life on https://www.atomfilms.com but mind the Acura commercial ;) favorite vids there include 'animation vs. animator' and 'wtf?!'

I wouldnt mind if John McCain or Mike Huckabee got it but I'd prefer to see Barrack Obama in office. All those guys seem decent enough to date. Huckabee has an interesting sense of humour.

edit: omg email is strangely entertaining. http://www.atomfilms.com/film/email.jsp?channelKeyword=channel_classic_animation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Where's the Oprah/Dr.Phil option. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    Uh, where´s the Morgan Freeman option?

He already has already been president.
    paulizei wrote: »
    Where's the Oprah/Dr.Phil option. :confused:

Dr Phil is a wanker.
    Wertz wrote:
    Ironically I have more time for McCain than any of the rest, but I doubt he'll get it...

I'd like to hear more from McCain, I'm not even sure yet where he stands on a lot of things, but he seems to be a straight talker.

His 'Bomb Iran' bit was a bit disturbing though.

Where is the Atari LizardUar option?
    They're all shape shifters tbh.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He has already been president.

Dr Phil is a wanker.

I'd like to hear more from McCain, I'm not even sure yet where he stands on a lot of things, but he seems to be a straight talker.

His 'Bomb Iran' bit was a bit disturbing though.

I respect McCain especially for his stances on the military. He's aware of the importance of a military but also is in favor of reducing "pork barrel" spending.

Bush went awol for the army when McCain was being tortured by the Viet Cong. Meanwhile, Bush is sending kids off to die.

McCain is also against torture. He says that he knows all too well that when your being tortured, you'll say anything to stop the torture, meaning it's useless. He claimed that it's better to have high standars that can be violated in an emergency, rather than just lowering standards.

Keep in mind I'd be a lot more left wing than McCain. I just have respect for him as he's a straight talker and seems like he'd be a solid leader.

I'd still choose Obama over him, but I'd still see the democrats as the lesser of two evils.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My preferred candidate pulled out after New Hampshire, so I've decided not to bother voting in the Primaries. At this point, I'll do the usual US Presidential Election thing, wait and see which two extremists the various parties nominate, and vote for the one I dislike the least.
    I just have respect for him as he's a straight talker and seems like he'd be a solid leader.

I have the same view on Thompson. I may strongly dislike a few of his positions, but I'll give him credit for being consistent and a straight-shooter.

NTM

My preferred candidate pulled out after New Hampshire, so I've decided not to bother voting in the Primaries. At this point, I'll do the usual US Presidential Election thing, wait and see which two extremists the various parties nominate, and vote for the one I dislike the least.

Which candidate was our preferred one?
    Just outta interest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Which candidate was our preferred one?
    Just outta interest.

Bill Richardson I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

As an Irishman, speaking from an Irish viewpoint, I would like Ron Paul to win.
    I would go mad if Rudi Giuliani or Bloomberg(IF HE RUNS) won! Hate them with a passion:mad:

• Advertisement

Ron Paul is..... yeh. Seen the man in interviews - he's a little cuckoo. wants to tear apart all the organisations like the CIA and FBI and IRS and he doesnt exactly mention anything about replacing them... if ya get me.

Advertisement