Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does your boards name mean

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

just wondering how everyone came up with their names on here.

mine comes from my favourite band pink FLOYD and one of their albums dark side of the MOON.

the 1 is there cause i messed up original account and had the do it again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

A nickname given to me by an old friend many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

DaBreno wrote: »
    A nickname given to me by an old friend many moons ago.

many Floydmoons ago??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mine means I'm a drunk who smokes too much and annoys everyone.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ScienceNerd was a comic I drew in first year to amuse myself :) I'm also fairly handy at biology :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just a nickname since primary school using part of my full name, Ruairí. Now used in various forms, Ruuness, Ruuthless, Ruubot, Ruufus, Kangruu and many more. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

its my website addy - I'm a shameless self promoter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Absolutely nothing at all. It was a typing error.

I'm ever so slightly detached from reality, so I'm a Moonbaby.
    I don't like my username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

a comic I drew in first year to amuse myself :)

Goat-Mouth came from a picture oh a man with a severe deformity of the lower face that resembled a goats protruding mouth. I found it in my Dad's medical encyclopedia
    (Never bothered to check the name of the deformity or any illness related... pity) But i use to draw an impression of him in my School Books and eventually made it into a little comic continued throughout the pages...

You can tell i wasn't the star pupil in the class... thats to The Incredible Goat-Mouth :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Title track off Gary Barlows first solo album.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's the god of a cult I created a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 glasgowspremier

Truffle Club

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm a creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

A Nokia phone's predictive text's bastardised spelling of my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm not into girlie stuff, I have a fairly laddish sense of humour and I hang around with a lot of lads and often prefer them to girls. I also have a lot of interests that I can talk to guys about moreso than girls (film, music, political stuff etc). But I'm still feminine (on my terms, no interest in all that handbags and shoes shyte or whatever Now magazines says is in fashion) hence the "ess".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm not into girlie stuff, I have a fairly laddish sense of humour and I hang around with a lot of lads and often prefer them to girls. I also have a lot of interests that I can talk to guys about moreso than girls (film, music, political stuff etc). But I'm still feminine (on my terms, no interest in all that handbags and shoes shyte or whatever Now magazines says is in fashion) hence the "ess".

Where did the dud part come from? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My childhood hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 thegoose

Used to have a crew cut (Top Gun stylie) and I never shut up...

Talk to me Goose.

Where did the dud part come from? :p
    Infraction given. Bad boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

the name most people now me as, followed by an underscore and a 601... I don't like the name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

"I'm the last angry man. The one man left thats not afraid to stand up for the little guy! To make his voice heard!"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mine's a nickname from various different people over the years. Very unoriginal.

I kind of wish I had picked something more original, and in fact I gave the admins the chance to change my name to anything they wanted and I wouldn't complain but all they did was take the number that used to be at the end off. (In fairness, I'm not a subscriber so I was grateful for what they did!)

Offer still stands of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My first name is 'David', but most people call me 'Dave': Dave

My second name begins with 'McG': McG

I was not aware that spaces are allowed, so I combined the two to form: DaveMcG

It made sense at the time. I'm not so sure anymore.

Ah... so THAT explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah... so THAT explains it.

Seriously though, why use Dudess? A fan or surfing or did you just love the Beach Boys as a young pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it should be NarcolepticInsomniac... due to the fact i used to not be able to sleep all night, and would then fall asleep frequently during the school/college day. boards wouldnt allow a name so long, so i shortened it to narco. but am hopefully shortening it to 'ni', as i think it's a nicer abbreviation than narco.

"I'm the last angry man. The one man left thats not afraid to stand up for the little guy! To make his voice heard!"

Whats that from? tried doing a google-search but came up with nothing, bar the Simspons.

Mines a quote from the Butcher Boy:

"Come back here you Boney Arsed Bogman"

Yeah, I was watching it on TV over Christmas and when that line was uttered I thought of you!
    Seriously though, why use Dudess? A fan or surfing or did you just love the Beach Boys as a young pup?
    Explanation given earlier. Never knew the Beach Boys used the term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Strangely enough, I got mine from a BBC sketch show. So now you all know.

I wanted to use the name "DeVore" but some dude beat me to it by about eight years.

Advertisement