Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does your boards name mean

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Snickerpuss doesn't really mean anything and I have no idea why on earth I picked it since it was years ago at this point.

Does it make me sound grumpy? I'm lovely really! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well it's a long and complex story that basically boils down to me being devoid of enough imagination to think of a clever internet handle and instead putting down my real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

character in a tom waits song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This gets done every few months, maybe it is time to make it a stickie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Snickerpuss doesn't really mean anything and I have no idea why on earth I picked it since it was years ago at this point.

Does it make me sound grumpy? I'm lovely really! ;)

that was in the Simpsons when Lisa was in love with Nelson wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

some bloke that played with Bowie I think, bass perhaps or maybe keyboards...
    Bassist on Lou Reed's Take a Walk On The Wild Side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Thaedydal wrote: »
    This get done every few months maybe it is time to make it a stickie ?

In what language does it mean that?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Mine is an anagram of Coal Chows.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Mine's my childhood nickname and my year of birth. Lot of thought went into it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's under my name there
    <---

My name is Des, I changed it to this so lads on the football team would know who I was, if they weren't boardsies before they joined the team.

My surname begins with F. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i seen the name on a satiracal website lampooning metal.......

let's just say i regret my choice...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Mine is from a manga film called Ninja Scroll.

I gave the ninja scroll video to my friend in school, when I got it back a few days later, "scroll" was tippexed out and replaced with "scrotum" --> Ninja Scrotum.

And he denied doing it the fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

As a kid I wasn't the average male so everyone hated calling me by my boy name so instead started to use Kaz and Kazzie and my chosen name now is Isobel so one of my friends (or maybe ex friend I'm not to sure, haven't heard from him in a while) made up Kazobel and I liked it, it's a unique name and if you google it only I come up and some american called "Katie Zobel" because it's her work e-mail address :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

short for "the usual suspect".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kazobel wrote: »
    As a kid I wasn't the average male so everyone hated calling me by my boy name so instead started to use Kaz and Kazzie and my chosen name now is Isobel so one of my friends (or maybe ex friend I'm not to sure, haven't heard from him in a while) made up Kazobel and I liked it, it's a unique name and if you google it only I come up and some american called "Katie Zobel" because it's her work e-mail address :D
    What was your name as a boy?

Dudess wrote: »
    What was your name as a boy?

Would you post that on a public forum? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I have no bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Name of a Greek priestess and a prize I won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »

I can't tell from that link but is it pronounced "They died all"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

In one of my old jobs there was a really annoying bloke who wrecked everyones head. Anyway, one day, in frustration, one of the lads got all worked up and start shouting at him. He didn't know whether to call him a clown or a shite bag but it came out as "you fucking clown bag". It really was one of them things you had to be there to appreciate. The venom and frustration in the out burst was outstanding. Clown bag became a cult classic put down in the job and was applied liberally whenever anyone done anything to deserve abuse. From then on clown bag replaced words like shitebag, cnut, prick, arsehole and so on........

And yes, I can be a clown bag myself sometimes in real life. I'm nowhere near as bad as the original clown bag though, He was a right fucking clown bag he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

Mine is after the film of the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Mine means nothing at all. Some mated decided that they were going to start calling me Wacker one day. They never did, but I liked the sound of it.

I only found out later that it is a name commonly associated with skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

clown bag wrote: »
    In one of my old jobs there was a really annoying bloke who wrecked everyones head. Anyway, one day, in frustration, one of the lads got all worked up and start shouting at him. He didn't know whether to call him a clown or a shite bag but it came out as "you fucking clown bag". It really was one of them things you had to be there to appreciate. The venom and frustration in the out burst was outstanding. Clown bag became a cult classic put down in the job and was applied liberally whenever anyone done anything to deserve abuse. From then on clown bag replaced words like shitebag, cnut, prick, arsehole and so on........

And yes, I can be a clown bag myself sometimes in real life. I'm nowhere near as bad as the original clown bag though, He was a right fucking clown bag he was.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

no idea why i picked mine, but its the name of summer's little pony toy in the OC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Kazobel wrote: »
    I can't tell from that link but is it pronounced "They died all"?

In my head, it's they (with a soft th) die dall.

Am I close?

Mine is just a mixture of my various names. Not very interesting!

P.S Kaz, I love the name Isobel. If I was a boy and had to choose a new girl name, that's what I'd choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Used to be peachypants which was kinda associated with a past relationship so decided to change.

The other half was slagging me about how small my feet are, particularly my toes, and he said that they look like they've been bound...he then shouted "CHINAFOOT!"

I liked it so much I decided to keep it :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mines a mish mash of nerdiness.

I like Doctor Doom. He's fun.

I play in a band called SDM, kinda slotted them together.

Also go by Sonic Doom which is a play on both of them and on Street Fighter 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

My name is Theresa Louise Waysone and I realised thats it is the catch phrase of my favorite ad. So theresalwaysone... get it?

Advertisement