Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does your boards name mean

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kazobel wrote: »
    I can't tell from that link but is it pronounced "They died all"?

More like Thay id dal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well since it's not actually a word but a spelling of something backwards, I suppose how it's pronounced is subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

im round and yellow like him > :)
    oh and im a god

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I always thought it was pronounced "Thay diddle". Which always reminded me of that nursery rhyme:

Hey diddle diddle, the cat played the fiddle,
    The cow jumped over the moon,
    The little dog laughed to see such fun,
    And the dish ran away with the spoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Dudess wrote: »
    Well since it's not actually a word but a spelling of something backwards, I suppose how it's pronounced is subjective.

Oh I see now, thanks for clearing that up because it use to wreak my head :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Mine is the combo of both me(Will) and bro's name(Steve), we use it to post on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

watna wrote: »
    P.S Kaz, I love the name Isobel. If I was a boy and had to choose a new girl name, that's what I'd choose!

Awww thanks :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SUNGOD wrote: »
    im round and yellow like him > :)
    oh and im a god

Pfft, you're no God. An omnipotent golden cushion. Now, that is a God.

It's my nick, so far pretty exclusive to me and that is how I have pronounced it for the last 10 years as that is how long I have been using it. :p only about 1/3 of my life like.

Yes I do have people use it and even had people call it after me in various cities sometimes it gets my notice quicker then my given name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Pfft, you're no God. An omnipotent golden cushion. Now, that is a God.

only a true god would renounce a fellow god

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It's my nick, so far pretty exclusive to me and that is how I have pronounced it for the last 10 years as that is how long I have been using it. :p only about 1/3 of my life like.

Yes I do have people use it and even had people call it after me in various cities sometimes it gets my notice quicker then my given name.
    Ahh... Didn't realise you used it outside of Boards and verbally. My mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

as it says, i do and i eat them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

eeeeeeeeeee Guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

A rapper who became friends with Larry David in a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The Dudette

I'm not into girlie stuff, I have a fairly laddish sense of humour and I hang around with a lot of lads and often prefer them to girls. I also have a lot of interests that I can talk to guys about moreso than girls (film, music, political stuff etc). But I'm still feminine (on my terms, no interest in all that handbags and shoes shyte or whatever Now magazines says is in fashion) hence the "ess".

With extremely similar names, and our reason being pretty much the same, I also have +1...I'm a fan of the film The Big Lebowski :)

A rapper who became friends with Larry David in a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.
    One of the best episodes ever!
    With extremely similar names, and our reason being pretty much the same, I also have +1...I'm a fan of the film The Big Lebowski :)
    Cool! A few gals on Boards were thinking along the same lines: there's *Dudette*, Dudett, dudette, Guitardeddudett, jenndudess and jenndudess79.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Its my name spelt phonetically.

One of the best episodes ever!

Cool! A few gals on Boards were thinking along the same lines: there's *Dudette*, Dudett, dudette, Guitardeddudett, jenndudess and jenndudess79.

There are fair few non girlie females about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

My name (Siofra) means fairy in english and i used to have crazy bushy hair when i was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

:D take a wild guess at mine lmfao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I was eating marshmallows when I registered. I love them, they're all fluffy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Used old boyfriends' nickname and added on girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

stink_fist wrote: »
    :D take a wild guess at mine lmfao

Your a Tool fan?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Mine means I am Beowulf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If anybody actually cared about this, they could just view a users profile and find out their story there...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Mine means inconspicuous as gaeilge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tman wrote: »
    If anybody actually cared about this, they could just view a users profile and find out their story there...

Yeah whatever, 'transexual man'. I know your story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Carpenter wrote: »
    eeeeeeeeeee Guess :D

You're actually Richard Carpenter? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Carpenters

I was setting up an account, sitting in an internet cafe and it hit me - I was in a bit of a conundrum as to what my username should be.

So I took that and added a bit of my own magic to it, and came up with connundrum. Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Years ago, when men were men and sheep were afraid, I had an imaginary friend, of sorts. His name was quackles, he was a mop, we used to dance together. Anyway, long story short, killed him and stole his name :D

Advertisement