Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrail/Scaffold Piercing

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

I just got this done yesterday and a friend of mine is getting it done soon, but where i got it done, they pierced both holes at once, and put a bar straight in.

Where she is getting it done, they will pierce each hole individually and allow them to heal individually. Then put in the bar after.

Which is more common and why?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

to be honest the right way to do it is to do both at one,one needle right through and then the bar threaded between them. If both holes are done seperately then the allignment wont heal in the right direction and when he/she puts a bar in it will twist her ear a little bit. Both need to be done at once to get the correct angle.As it happens I literally just changed my bar to two small barbels with spikes,looks wicked.But the direction is perfect,it looks like there's a scaffold in there but with out the middle bit.I can put the full bar back in whenever I like and thats the main thing.I'd get your friend to go to the same place as you.My my sister and one of my mates all have it done for the last 3 years or so,my sis for the last 5 or 6 years,and all were done with one needle and the bar straight in.goodluck! ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Actually, a lot of piercers say that the better way to do it is to pierce the holes in alignment, then wear seperate jewellery in them while they heal. It lessens the strain on the healing piercings. There is a risk of them shifting out of alignment, but any piercer worth his salt should be able to bend you up a custom bar to fit the new alignment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Oh thanks a million!!!! =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't think there's any right or wrong way- the most common way to do it is to put in the bar straight away I think.

Ah yeah i get ya, i know mine hurt like a ***** but it was grand the next day, i even slept on it.

but i dont think my friends pain tollerence would be as high as mine!!! so im serchin for her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

To be honest if her pain tolerance is bad maybe it'll be better for her to get it done in one go :) That way once the piercer has started she won't really be able to stop him, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

A good method is getting them done together but putting in separate jewellery to heal. This causes less strain on the ear while healing, eases pain and can make cleaning easier and can shorten the healing time. I've actually seen industrial piercings done at one time and healed with a single bar that started to heal crooked (not the piercer's fault, it just happens sometimes). It can be easily rectified (depending on the wonkiness) with another straight bar slightly bent to accommodate the crookedness without pressure. The worst thing you want on a fresh piercing is unnecessary pressure, and the weight of a single bar can weigh down and embed on the top piercing. :)

I am not a happy camper getting ready for work today i caught it in my hoody... now that hurt alot...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

The technique depends on the shape of your ear. A peircing on the cartiledge piece of the ear has the best chance of last if its a 90 degrees to the skin. So if your ear will tkae it you can do the piercing at one time. But if its not its better to do the holes seperate then bend the bar to fit it correctly when healed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

Hi, I'm a professional body piercer and I have 7 industrial piercings in my right ear so I know about the piercing process and healing.
    I always pierce with 2 needles as once you've gone through skin with a needle once it's not so comfortable to use the same needle again and as mentioned above not always suitable depending on angles of the piercing to use the same needle. I always put the bar straight into the piercing as healing 2 seperate piercings with seperate jewellery (especially if you sleep on them or mess with the jewellery) can pull the piercings out of alignment so the one bar won't fit correctly when the piercings have healed. Providing they are looked after properly and pierced properly industrial piercings heal as well as any other ear piercing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement