Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 523 M Sport

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Guys
    I've been offered (through a close friend) a 06 523 M Sport for E43,000. Low mileage, leather auto etc. Perfect, only its petrol. My annual mileage is 10,000 per year so I don't know why I'm hung up on petrols. With the new VRT rates coming in, should I go for this (bargain??) or wait for the drop in second hand 520Ds etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Guys
    I've been offered (through a close friend) a 06 523 M Sport for E43,000. Low mileage, leather auto etc. Perfect, only its petrol. My annual mileage is 10,000 per year so I don't know why I'm hung up on petrols. With the new VRT rates coming in, should I go for this (bargain??) or wait for the drop in second hand 520Ds etc?

Its a nice car, Cheapest one on carzone is nearly 47k.So if you can get it cheaper than 43k you got a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Does anyone have any idea how much a 523i M Sport Auto will be on 1st July and what emissions band will the road tax fall into?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

see the sticky - E92 has spreadsheets will all the details

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

TheBazman wrote: »
    see the sticky - E92 has spreadsheets will all the details

I don't think the automatic is included in this spreadsheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It's in the same VRT band as the manual. The 520d with an Auto is in the 25% VRT however. You might as well go for it, you have 6 cylinder noise and refinement and you certainly won't get that in the 520d. The cheapest 06 523i on carzone retails for €44,950, the most expensive is 59,950 and of the 34 523is for sale at the moment, 26 are the wrong side of €50k, so that is a bargain.

The claimed average fuel consumption is 33.2 mpg, that is actually quite good for a 2.5 petrol straight 6. 520ds of the time averaged 47 mpg for a manual, but 40 mpg for an Auto, so a 06 520d actually won't be that much more economical than the 523i.

• Advertisement
Advertisement