Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basenji's

Options
  • 12-01-2008 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one of these dogs? or know of someone with one?
    I only ask because I'm going accross to the UK to get one of these but my parents want to bring my brother (who is a little bit allergic to dogs) to interact with one and see how he gets on before going accross to england to get one.

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Oh dear :D - I hope you know what you are doing :D. Basenji's are a primitive breed often also called Congo Dog. Althought adult dogs are being considered as almost barkless Basenjis have a HUGE variety of sounds which can be MUCH more annoying than barking (whining, screeching etc). They are natural chasers (being hunting dogs which hunt by both - sight and scent). Basenji's have not bred to serve Man, they are very independend and defo not very obedience oriented. They are also know to be master escapists :D. Good luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

hah well out of the dogs my parents would let me choose from (it was a short list!) i thought these seemed to be the best choice... they seem pretty nice... ah sure... I'll just have to be very stern at training...

Advertisement