Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Development Studies

Options
  • 12-01-2008 6:29am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Does anyone know anything about this course? I'm really stuck between picking this and the one in DCU. The reason I like this one is because it's a well established course. My undergrad was a new course and we were complete guinea pigs. But in DCU it's new, but they've a much bigger selection of different subjects.

Anyone know anyone who knows someone who might be able to tell me something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

A friend of mine did it 2 years ago, she really enjoyed the course, there was a good variety of subjects in it and it was a small and very diverse class, some were straight up undergrads who were continuing on and others were from NGOs coming back to do the course.

IIRC she was advised to do some work with an NGO whilst doing the course too to help her job prospects after (I'll ask her next time I see her).

One thing I do know was that there was an awful lot of essays involved in the course - every time I spoke to her for that entire year she was doing multiple essays.

Advertisement