Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refuse Collection in housing estate

• 12-01-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭

Hi,

More of a shot in the dark.

Is there any law stating what time refuse collection can commence?

I moved into a housing estate in Kildare and the refuse gets collected at 4.30 every Thursday morning.

I heard someone say once that its against the law to collect before 7am in housing estates.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There are noise pollution rules for late at night. You may be able to use these, contact you local council. Is it a private estate with a management company and house rules? If so they usually state no load noise on your lease, so they will have abid by them also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Trampas

A councillor told me this

"Early collection, before 5am, has been the practice for many years. It has been claimed as necessary because of the heavy traffic which builds up around the village later in the morning, this and the difficulties for access caused by parked vehicles. I will raise the question but that, in all probability, will be the response."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

Trampas wrote: »
    A councillor told me this

"Early collection, before 5am, has been the practice for many years. It has been claimed as necessary because of the heavy traffic which builds up around the village later in the morning, this and the difficulties for access caused by parked vehicles. I will raise the question but that, in all probability, will be the response."

Seems reasonable to me. Bins arent collected every morning and traffic is never fun.

Advertisement