Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenhouse 8ft X 6

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Any good deals in Munster for above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I got mine from homebase last year

No problems at all and a good price 500 with safe glass + base.

I would also consider a 2nd window open (and def use the automatic openers)

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

If you think you need a 8 by 6 then get one at least 12 by 8 provided you have room. Rule number one of green houses is that what size you get you'll end up wishing it was bigger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I second that I wish I had got a 10 x 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

AND the second rule of buying a greenhouse is that you never get enough vents. A sensible min is one vent on each side of the ridge for each 6 foot run (most home glasshouses have 2 ft bays - ie 2ft between uprights so on a 8 x 6 which is probablay 6 ft long and 8 ft wide? you'd have 2 roof vents) plus a coresponding number of louvre vents in the sides. More would be better but its difficult to fit them in on a 8 x 6.

So your 8 x 6 should have a minimum of 2 roof vents and 2 louvres.

The 12 x 8 (12 long 8 wide) which is a size I have often used should have 4 roof (you normally get 2) and 4 louvres (nearly always extra).

btw the louvre vents are easy to fit.

Advertisement