Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia 2000 1.9TDI - What is she worth?

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Make: Skoda Model: Octavia 1.9TDI Engine: 1.9 Diesel Bodytype: Hatchback Transmission: Manual Price: €5,200 Year: 2000 NCT: December 2009 Colour: Grey Mileage: 95,000 miles / 152,888 kilometers Owners: 2

No service history.

Whats she worth?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Worded you seem to have a nack for finding and wanting cars with No Service History. And as stated in your last post about the civic, dont touch a NSH car. Who knows when its been serviced or what the actual miles are on it.

Not sure on a price tho, id pay half of what there looking for if its got NSH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If you could get last 2 NCT's and see milage on them you could possibly hazard a guess to what the correct mileage was but again it's a guess and you still don't know how often the car has been serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The selller of that 8 year old Octavia is a dreamer imo. Also 95k miles on a 8 year old diesel is pretty low, I would need some serious evidence via service history documentation, maintenance receipts, previous NCT certs, etc to back that low mileage up.

IMO the car is probably worth about €4,500 max if the above is validated.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

worded wrote: »
    Make: Skoda Model: Octavia 1.9TDI Engine: 1.9 Diesel Bodytype: Hatchback Transmission: Manual Price: €5,200 Year: 2000 NCT: December 2009 Colour: Grey Mileage: 95,000 miles / 152,888 kilometers Owners: 2

No service history.

Whats she worth?

Thanks

According to Used Cars Buyers guide its worth about €7500 (Does this seem high to anyone else?)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Altreab wrote: »
    According to Used Cars Buyers guide its worth about €7500 (Does this seem high to anyone else?)

All that guide does is calculate the average "asking price" from the list of all same year Octavias on their site. Not a true indicator imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Revenue site offers many variations on a 2000 Octavia 1.9 Tdi. I reckon the car is worth maybe €4000.

Without a fsh I'd avoid it though. Might have been a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Im getting a highly recommended mechanic to check the car out.
    Very few cars that are 00ish have service history, ideally it would have I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I bought a late 1.8 Volvo V40 with 76k miles, full main dealer service history (verified), 3 months tax and 8 months NCT, for €2700...and the petrol tank was full.... No crash damage, original Irish car, one owner from new. It was due a service (which I do myself), but had had it's belt and pump done at 60k, new shocks all 'round. Just a great deal, because I looked around and had a bit of patience. It needs the front lower wishbones done as they all blow out their ball joints around that mileage, and I've done the pads (disks are newish), and put 4 new tyres on it for the winter....So I'm up to €3500 all in for a car that will sail through its NCT when due.

Why pay almost one and a half times that for a car with no service history?

Surely the boot's not THAT big, is it? ;)

Advertisement