Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy these gaming rigs for €889; €1089 & €1499

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Last month I produced specs for a computer I intended to build and sell online through a website and the feedback recieved was very positive. I hope to have the computers included with a one year guarantee. I haven't yet taught of a name for the website yet and is currently in progress of being built.
    The computers are made from award-winning components.
    A Samsung 206BW can be added to the package for a reasonable €250, which is less than Komplett.

Okay here is the computer I intend to sell for approx. €1089

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT 512MB
    Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
    2GB Corsair XMS2 Extreme 800MHz
    Samsung Spinpoint T166 320GB 7200RPM 16MB
    LG DVD Dual Layer Lightscribe
    Corsair HX520w
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

Free Game: Company Of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Available Options are:

2GB Corsair XMS2 Extreme 800MHz
    or
    3GB Aeneon Value Ram 800MHz [+€0]

or
    Pioneer BDC-202 Blu-Ray [ +€140]
    or
    LG GGC-H20L LightScribe Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM SATA [ +€270]

The second computer is intended to be sold for approx. €889. Unlike the other two rigs, it does not come with a free game.

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
    NZXT Apollo
    512MB Sapphire Radeon HD3850
    Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
    2GB Aeneon 800 MHz Ram
    250GB Samsung HD252KJ 7200rpm sATA II 16MB
    Corsair HX520w

Available Options are:

2GB Aeneon Value Ram 800MHz
    or
    3GB Aeneon Value Ram 800MHz [+€20]

or
    or

The third computer is for the seious enthusiast. This one is slightly better value for money and was calculated at a different percentage to allow it to appeal to a greater audience. Oh and by the way, yes, that is a Thermaltake Armor 8003BWS case! And yes that is a q6600 G0 stepping! This is the perfect over clocking computer. It also comes with Lost Planet to show off that new 8800GTX. And for those that don't know what Tracers are, they are an innovative system that lights up physically on LEDS under the Heatsink on your RAM to show your memory usage! I intend to sell it at hopefully abut €1499.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0 Stepping)
    Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS
    768MB XFX Geforce 8800GTX DDR3 XT Edition
    Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
    2GB Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 CL4, w/BallistiX Tracer
    500GB Samsung HD501LJ 7200rpm sATA II 16MB
    Antec TruePower III ATX 2.2 650Watt

Free Game: Lost Planet

Available Options are:

2GB Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 CL4, w/BallistiX Tracer
    or
    3GB (2GB Crucial Ballistix w/BallistiX Tracer and 1GB Aeneon Value Ram 800MHz) [+€20]

or
    or

All the systems come with:
    Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
    1 Year Guarantee

I think you will find (hopefully ;)) that these are very competive computers with very competive prices.

As usual all comments appreciated!!

TY!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

toco123 wrote: »

Okay here is the computer I intend to sell for approx. €1089

The second computer is intended to be sold for approx. €889. Unlike the other two rigs, it does not come with a free game.

The third computer is for the seious enthusiast. It also comes with Lost Planet to show off that new 8800GTX.

1 Year Guarantee

New GTX? You mean the ones they stopped producing months ago when they were replaced by the GTS v2.0? And 32bit Vista? That leaves no upgrade path for anyone who wants to go to 4GB of RAM, just like a serious enthusiast would. So you've got old components, crippled OS's, and needlessly restricted upgrade options.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Sorry. I meant show off your new GTX.

As for crippled OS's, would you prefer Linux which will allow you to play a game no ones heard of or 64 bit Vista which will play only half your games and unstabily at that.

The GTX is still widely available as the high end graphics card while the GTS v2... has bearly been whispered about.

In fact most websites still have the GTX as their number 1 High-end card.

And anyone who wants to go to 4gigs of RAM will only see that fourth gig in their System Information.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sorry. I meant show off your new GTX.

As for crippled OS's, would you prefer Linux which will allow you to play a game no ones heard of or 64 bit Vista which will play only half your games and unstabily at that.

Games no-ones heard of? You mean big names like Unreal Tournament 3 and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? And claiming Vista 64 will only play half your games unstably is just a flat out lie.

The GTX is still widely available as the high end graphics card while the GTS v2... has bearly been whispered about.

Other than it being the current recommended card along with it's lesser GT brother in every thread on here, and the basis of the upcoming 9800GTX/GX2.

In fact most websites still have the GTX as their number 1 High-end card.

And anyone who wants to go to 4gigs of RAM will only see that fourth gig in their System Information.

Yeah, they'll only see it in their system information, they won't be able to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im not being funny, but there is no way i would spend 1100€ on the pc you intend to sell. Its really over priced. Actually, looking at them all they are all over priced. But im sayign that as i can buy the parts myself and build it. But for someone with no knowledge or interest in building their own pc its not to bad of deal. But you really are aiming for the enthusiast market. A normal / light gamer will have no need for the graphics cards which you have picked.

Also as for you comment about 64bit vista not playing half the games... What are you on about? Im running 64bit vista and ive had no problem with any game, even older ones like ut2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not terrible prices to be honest. Just to warn you, advertising here will result in a permanent ban from the forum - so just be careful with how you approach the topic of your fledging business. No links, no names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

The one for 899 is good value,but when you pay €1500 you would expect a fancier mobo than a ds3l....For €1100 you would expect quad core too....

Not bad overall,you have got the budget build spot on,though €800 would be a better price point imo....

Plenty of guys doing well on ebay,with much lower quality components,overclocking is the way to go too,you would get alot more interest in these pc's if you had the E4500 clocked to E6850 levels etc....

I firstly apoligise to Spear. It is a completely valid point.
    But, also there is stability and compatiibility with 64bit. Maybe half your games is an exageration :eyesroll:
    If you can live with linux thats your call.. but i don't think there is that many brave gamers out there!!

Okay thanks Havok, I hadn't intended to but at least now I know!!

I was planning to do so Squall but currently i have little knowledge with overclocking but when i'm ready i was planning to have them overclocked as standard..
    I hear that with a Freezer 7 Pro (included in the rigs above)
    a E4500 can reach 3GHz and Q6600 G0 can reach a 3.4GHz
    Certainly makees them sound exciting at those speeds

The extreme rig ( €1499) i say will be scrapped untill 9800GT or full release of 8800gts v2 as its on a tight budget as it is! Is SLI more appealing than one high end card? Personally i would prefer one good card!

And Squall I'd love to throw a q6600 in the mid range rig for €1100 but i doubt it'll be possible

And I now intend to provide the option for 64 bit...

Where are you looking ? you can easilly throw a go stepping q6600 in there for that price and still make a profit.

Anti wrote: »
    Where are you looking ? you can easilly throw a go stepping q6600 in there for that price and still make a profit.

Ya I could.. but probabily not enough profit to cover overhead costs such as maintenence... I'll think about it and talk to my partners.
    I might have to raise the price a tad if I did but I'll see, i'd prefer not to.

If it was available with the q6600 G0 overclocked to 3.4GHz at €1099, would people be tempted?

Do people need the option of 32 bit and 64 bit?

Normal people woundt care as they know nothing about overclocking. Amatures would be interested alright as it saves them from destroying anything ( but remember overclockign will void the warrentys, so you will have to cover all replacements ). But anyone who can remotly overclock wont be.

• Advertisement

Pointless so or just do it anyway?

You're looking at the possibility of more support issues and warranty returns from people who don't what they're doing and that means increased costs in time and money for you. Overclockers.co.uk started off that way years ago, but have long since dropped the practice.

I don't understand? If its overclocked the people won't have to know what they're doing because it already is overclocked?

Are you saying to do it or not to?

Its not pointless....

If it was pointless then overclockersuk wouldnt be making that there main system line....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?&groupid=43&catid=967&sortby=priceAsc

This guy seems to be doing pretty good.....

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300181957198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

Its all in the way you advertise it eg Amazing Q6600 running at faster than €1000 Q6950 etc,super fast gaming pc for less than Q9650 etc....

Alot of the guys selling on ebay are cutting costs by getting xp pro/vista from warez sites for nothing and pre installing them in the pc,not that you should do it....Just letting you know

Just out of curiosity what kind of gaming system could you build me for €700 delivered including os and components overclocked to a decent level?

I don't understand? If its overclocked the people won't have to know what they're doing because it already is overclocked?

Are you saying to do it or not to?

What if a user has a BIOS reset for whatever reason, their settings will usually go back to auto and their speed and performance will drop. Then they'll be on to you either complaining, or requiring you to lead them through resetting everything. The target market for pre-overclocked machines is those who are too clueless to do this themselves. The hassles involved with this don't warrant the effort.

Spear wrote: »
    You're looking at the possibility of more support issues and warranty returns from people who don't what they're doing and that means increased costs in time and money for you. Overclockers.co.uk started off that way years ago, but have long since dropped the practice.

I dont understand. Why would people who return the computers because they don't know what they're doing if the computers are overclocked already?

I dont understand. Why would people who return the computers because they don't know what they're doing if the computers are overclocked already?

Overclocking can shorten chip lifespans, and companies won't honour warranties if they know it's been overclocked.

Read the bit here about Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've known completely stable overclocks to fail for no apparent reason. If you overclock a pc, be prepered to have to reset everything at some stage, thats why its best to let them do their own overclocking.

Honestly, I considered setting u a pc building service, but after alot of research i found that it wouldn't be worth the bother of trying to provide a customer support service.
    I can't open internet explorer, .......... my antivirus says I've gotta virus,..... my games keep crashing, ..... How do i do this $hit.......... not worth the hassle

Now i just built for friends & dont offer a support service, they install the software, their problem.

Okay ill leave overclocking to the user. I'd build for friends to, but they happen to be the people you mentioned above as most of them don't know how to even open My Documents!

• Advertisement
Advertisement