Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Time-table Too Conjested

Options
  • 12-01-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Now that the exams are over and the stress has subsided i decided to return to boards for the time being. In my personal experience i found the exams to be extremely stressful and thought that the general organisation of the exams on a whole this January was a complete shambles.Personally i came under extreme stress during the examinations having two exams in a row in the first week and four in a row in the second week.It was unfair and i was wondering if anyone else had this experience or a similar one as it must be brought to the attention of the college, who continuously insist it was a once off mistake and the error lay with the introduction of a new examination scheduling system being delayed due to a sick faculty member. I ask what was the sense in changing the system at a crucial scheduling time before the exams.Has anyone else any input on the matter???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

hiya,

I had four exams ( part time student) two of the hardest subjects were one day after the other, so you really only got over the stress and you were back on it again. The third exam was three days later, ok not as bad, but I was so stressed in the chapel for the exams which in my opinion should never be allowed, the cold equated to human torture. I was physically shaking with the cold which couple that with the stress of the exams in such a short space of time was completely unfair.

I don't like the exams in jan as it is, I spent the majority of christmas studying my ass off , and working and actually barely going out cause i was worried about the exams, to be honest I am still not too convinced that my dreaded coldday exam that I actually passed it.

I think between the stresses of christmas and working and the stress of studying and exams it is all too much. two exams one day after the other is just not that fair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

exactly so you agree ...it was a lack of effort on the college's behalf when it came to organization of the examinations ... I myself have never been in the chapel for an exam which by the way you described it, i am extremely thankful that i haven't...If it was as extremely cold as you have described it then by all means you should without a shadow of a doubt complain to the college because if not this will just happen again. I am in the situation that although i was under unbelievable stress i feel confident i passed all my exams, which is probably due to the fact that i had a rather productive study week before christmas study-wise. But neither the less of this and disregarding the fact that i haven't failed to my knowledge any of my subjects i have already drafted a letter of complaint and am intending on sending it to my department head and year supervisor because i feel very disappointed in the way in which it was all held and to be honest i have lost confidence in my school department as i feel they didn't uphold our complaint of the schedule that we made about two weeks before christmas. On your side of things i would suggest that you do indeed draft a letter as you have said that you feel you may have performed sub-standard to your abilities in one of your modules which was not your fault but rather the fault of a mis-constructed time-table.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mini wrote: »
    I was physically shaking with the cold which couple that with the stress of the exams in such a short space of time was completely unfair.!

The hall in the main campus was the same. I could of sworn they used to be heated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

hey

i actually didn't find the main hall to be too bad to be honest and i was in there fur times during the week..Friday may have been a unique occurance...

Advertisement