Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My dad's car got tipped, what can he do?

Options
  • 12-01-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

My dad was parked at a car park yesterday. He went into the shop to get a roll and by the time he came out there was a small dent in his car. The car park belonged to a petrol station and there's a couple of shops nearby.
    My dad wants to find who dented the car.

What can he do? Is the petrol station obliged to give him the CCTV to see who did it? If he got the car's reg number would he be able to track down the owner? Can he get the guards involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What the hell is going on?? Is there some anti-motoring vigilante group flying around the country smacking up people's cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I don't know...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

he will have to report it to the guards who will then ask the garage for any video footage and they will deal with it from then.

the garage is not allowed give your dad the video footage (unless he knows somebody that works there who will give it to him under the table as such.)

happened to my mate before, when the guards seen the footage, they traced the owner and knocked at their door and told them if they did not cover all costs they will be prosecuting them for leaving the scene of an accident and all the other little charges that comes with that.

the women contacted my friend the next day and payed all costs no questions asked (serves her right imo)

but you better be quick just incase the garage have a quick turn around on the video tapes, ie. some places record over existing tapes after 48 hours, some 7 days and some 1 year and so on.

Advertisement