Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 online play

• 12-01-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi ya,My son put the 48 hour free online play activation in xbox live but when he tries to play gears of war he gets the following:

Cannot play online
    your current gamer profile settings do not allow playiong online games.
    To continue ,all signed in gamer profiles must be allowed to play online.

Now,what we have is 3 profiles,player 1,kmb,player 2

Kmb is the only one that has xbox live next to it in the box.
    This is the original setup profile.

I have turned off family settings in case that was causing the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry if above is a silly question.

Any help appreciated as 48 hour freebie,clock is ticking,LOL

Regards,
    Kieran

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does the 48 Hour Free trial have a expirary date on it down in the T&Cs? I had same issiue with one I got with NFS: Carbon, Ended up the thing expired June 07, not much working This month then :), Funny thing though it did accept it?, Its very small text and took me a while to notice....

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi Nick,Thanks for the quick reply.
    Your bang on,expiry june 2007!!!

Jasus,why do they bother.

Kind Regards,

Kieran

Agree man! These things shouldn't expire, was pritty annoyed microsoft didn't give me the month free with my new 360 aswell, there is a fella on ebay though selling a code for a 12+1 month membership for 43 quid, its decent value, I got my code within 10 minutes of ordering!, pm me if you want the sellers name, dont want to post it incase its advertising?

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Hi kmb, if you are looking for some 48 hour trials just follow this quick vid http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cBSCkJIb4mY

Then go here http://keepingittwisted.com/xbox_register.aspx

Should come in very handy if you only want the kids on live every now and agian

I wouldn't trust doing that often as Microsoft may start banning accounts if they want :P Especially if its against the competition terms to use more than one, me being pessimistic of course but... Microsoft have banned people in the past for silly things, like playing a alpha version of Halo 3 iirc

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi Brianb8802,That worked great,Thanks.

Happy kid in house again:)

Nope its not against the competition rules, you can apply for a new code once a day

kmb wrote: »
    Hi Brianb8802,That worked great,Thanks.

Happy kid in house again:)

No probs

Nice :) I woulda used that instead lol :(

Nick

Advertisement