Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Dundrum

Options
  • 12-01-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a decent play for a guy to get the hair trimmed and that doesnt cost an arm and a leg in Dundrum.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

There is one in the shopping centre just as you come in from one of the car parks.Not sure which car park or prices. Im sure there are other ones in the village aswell.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

if its in the shopping center, the price is gonna be extortionate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's one at the crossroads, or at least there used to be (pretty sure it's still there). Called Graham's I think. It's around the corner from Ladbrokes, same side of the road as the police station. Used to get my hair cut in there, was always fairly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I heard Graham's had closed down - I have not been there in 2 years since my move away from Dundrum. Used to always get my locks shorn there - no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Always used to go to Grahams - shame if it's closed down.

There's 'Balally Barbers' just at the top of ther stairs as you come up from the Balally Luas station. Cost was €13 I think. Everyplace seems to be charging around that (or more!) now!
    The place in the Shopping Centre itself is Knights, and I'd imagine they charge more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Opps - my mistake, Grahams is still open after all.

yeah its open, just not on mondays ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

There is one at the shops in Windy Arbour and another at the top of Bird Ave. Both are grand and easy enough to park at.

I went to Grahams . Was happy with it..
    Had a very attractive eastern european girl cutting my hair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The place in Dundrum, Knights, used to be really good. €20 for a wash, cut and dry/gel/wax and they did a great job of it.

Now there's not one member of staff with fluent English, they never seem to understand exactly what you want and you end up with a haircut you didn't want at the end of it.

The last time I went there I had medium-long hair and asked for it to be cut back a bit, showing him I wanted about 1.5 inches left at the top or so, he ends up leaving me with about 1cm on top and really tight at the sides, with his explanation being that he'd cut the top too short and that he had to even the sides.

I've now to look for another barbers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Grahams is open and run by the guy who runs the barber shop on The Hill in Stillorgan, where I get mine done.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 david5624

There is also one in the row of shops between the Church and the old shopping centre. A few doors from xtravision. Barber pole outside. I always found it reasonable. Not sure how much longer it will last with the redevelopment plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

rb_ie wrote: »
    The place in Dundrum, Knights, used to be really good. €20 for a wash, cut and dry/gel/wax and they did a great job of it.

Now there's not one member of staff with fluent English, they never seem to understand exactly what you want and you end up with a haircut you didn't want at the end of it.

The last time I went there I had medium-long hair and asked for it to be cut back a bit, showing him I wanted about 1.5 inches left at the top or so, he ends up leaving me with about 1cm on top and really tight at the sides, with his explanation being that he'd cut the top too short and that he had to even the sides.

I have a very straight forward cut, so making a Polish girl undersstand what I want is quite easy. The €20 is more than I would usually pay, but the staff are a lot easier on the eye than my local barbers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

rb_ie wrote: »

That's the reason i have stopped going there too, after being a regular for about 2 years. Could never depend on them to do what was asked. It's also a very cramped little place and you invariably have to queue outside the door. i don't mind spending 20+ for a decent cut, but Knights in Dundrum represents poor value for money imo. Their Stephen's Green shop is better.

Have tried all the other barbers in Dundrum over the years - but have started going back into town to get cut recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think there's one called Jonathan's near the Spar in the village.

Advertisement