Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Making of Perespolis

Options
  • 12-01-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

The new york times has posted a short but really interesting slide show of the making of perespolis The slideshow is narrated by Satrapi and co-director Vincent Paronnau

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Does anyone know what the release date for this in Ireland is? I know it was released in the states on Dec 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Does anyone know what the release date for this in Ireland is? I know it was released in the states on Dec 25th

its due out in april - how wide a a release it gets will depend on how it fairs at the golden globes and oscars. The french are pushing it for best foreign language film rather then animated feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

ztoical wrote: »
    its due out in april - how wide a a release it gets will depend on how it fairs at the golden globes and oscars. The french are pushing it for best foreign language film rather then animated feature.

hmmm...I'd say it's defiantly going to suffer from the non-event that is the Golden Globes this year - i.e. not enough publicity for the films being awarded - I'm hoping the IFI will pick it up though - I'll be in and out of there over the next few days enjoying the Cohen brothers marathon - so I'll ask if their getting it....here's hoping.

hmmm...I'd say it's defiantly going to suffer from the non-event that is the Golden Globes this year - i.e. not enough publicity for the films being awarded - I'm hoping the IFI will pick it up though - I'll be in and out of there over the next few days enjoying the Cohen brothers marathon - so I'll ask if their getting it....here's hoping.

IFI will def get it in as will the Screen I'd say - how it does at the awards would effect if it would get a run down the country or into the bigger multiplexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

It may well be up for downloading on all sorts of sites, but I don't want any discussion of where to find illegal downloads, thank you. ~Fysh

Great, great movie. Well worth watching.

• Advertisement

markw999 wrote: »
    It's up for download on a naughty website whose name has been deleted by your Awesomely Geeky Neighbourhood Moderator (who has neither organic nor mechanical webshooters, in case you were wondering)

the comics charter says theres to be no discussion of or links relating to illegally downloading comics but I'm pretty sure that goes for movies as well.

Advertisement