Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it worth it?

Options
  • 12-01-2008 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi , I'm buying my first car in a few days and I was looking at this one
    htttp://wwrw.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfom?fuseaction=car&carID=846593
    is worth it? It's getting a service this weekend and then getting its nct on Monday, I'm going to see it Monday evening, any advice?
    Any replies are greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Your link is abit messed up.
    Is this what your talking about?!?
    maynoothmotorhomesDinWhi846.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Link doesn't work. Um... try copy and pasting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

its a nissan almera ( pulsar ) 1996 , 69k miles , automatic , 1.4 petrol 3dr. 1250 euro asking price.
    sorry bout the link , when i click it it takes me to the right page:confused:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=846593

but my girlfriend now wants the camper van !!!

If it floats your boat, it looks okay provided the body issues are ignorable. Haggle if you can but make sure you get someone to look it over thoroughly cos repairing an auto box can be costly..

• Advertisement

a friend can fix any body work that needs to be done . I think its the best ive seen so far for my price range. as long as it passes the nct on monday it should be ok ? hopefully

On a €1000 car I wouldn't bother unless a) you were keeping it for a LONG time or b) it was bad enough to draw attention. Bodywork is costly.

I'm hoping the scratches arent that bad . are almera's/pulsars reliable ? . any suggestions on cars for under 2000 are more than welcome . i realise im on a VERY tight budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

You, or perhaps someone with a bit more experience with cars (no offence intended), would want to give the car a thorough checking over. This car could have more than cosmetic damage. Check for service history etc.

Good luck with the purchase, whatever you go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Not to mention the fact that it's a jap imp so the mileage is probably more like 169k!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Also car is a private sale yet is clearly in a dealers yard in the pic, perhaps a car a dealer wants nothing to do with it for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Also, you don't say if you've passed your test?? If you do a test in that, you won't legally be allowed to drive a manual car.

I'd say €950 would be more reasonable. The clock probably reads the 111000 KM as opposed to miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I very much doubt there is only 69K on that car.

It looks to have more wear than 69K's worth.

Although in fairness, for €1250, whether it's been clocked or not is not really the issue. If its running OK and is reasonably mechanically sound, thats the main thing...

I'll be checking it out tomorrow , so I'll see how it is then. I dont have my full licence but when I do the test for it I'm going to use my instructors car as its a manual and that will enable my to drive both types . at least thats the plan so far. do you think 1.4 is too powerful for my first car? I'm 22 but definitly not a boy racer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Definitely not too powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

"Needs some body repairs", and they don't show the right hand side of the car at all:rolleyes:, be prepared for a shock when you see the drivers side. I'd agree that it is definitely a dealer selling it, with it been in front of a garage and the tag on the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Dealer masquerading as a private seller in such a low value sale = major headache for you.

Seek out a genuine privately owned car with a bit of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1 owner on a jap import probably means you'd be the 1st Irish owner. (although, it has an alarm, which is unusual on JDM cars)
    If that's the case, budget for 4 new tyres and a big service (including AT Fluid, timing belt, water pump)
    price may not include VRT either.

car was in nct today so going to see it tomorrow instead. it turns out to be 1.5 not 1.4 . found that out after some calling insurance companys for a quote . I figured its a dealer considering he said "which car" when I called. Does a dealer saying he's private mean the car will definitely be crap or is he just trying to escape taxes ? ( I know that does say much for him anyway, but you know what I mean ) does anyone have any suggestions for a different car for around the same price, small-ish car?

how about this one ? just seen it
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/77/18480577.html

sorry for the double thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement