Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder accused out on bail?

Options
  • 12-01-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend was telling me last night that the guy accused of murdering Manuela Riedo has been seen walking around the Headford Rd. shopping centre on a few occasions recently? So is this a case of mistaken identity or is he out on bail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

When he was up in court during the week he was remanded back to Castle Rea prison. It was said in the local paper before christmas that he was out on bail after being up on charges of assaulting a gard, but the paper had to print an apology the following week to the effect that they had used the correct name (same as the accused murderer) but the wrong address. It would be totally scanderlous if he was out, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

no, i extremely doubt it. People charged with murder dont get bail. i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

snyper wrote: »
    no, i extremely doubt it. People charged with murder dont get bail. i hope!
    Yes they do, but its at the discretion of the judge afaik. Look at the Mermaid freezer man case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

When her parents were here a few days ago, the paper said that he was still in prison, no mention of being out on bail and Vulcan is right, there would be uproar if he was let out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

He's in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bastard is safer in Jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

galwayrush wrote: »
    Bastard is safer in Jail.

Innocent until proven guilty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Yeah, thought it had to be a case of mistaken identity myself, the gf will be pleased to hear this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Dont know if hes in or out but u can be out on bail on a murder charge. A judge in the district court would have to remand in prison but a judge in a high court could grant bail.

Hopefully hes inside

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

There isn't a notion of him being let out of jail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

They couldn't let him out - the whole town would be up on murder charges then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Id love to sh1t on his grave - after someone kills the cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

True - the sheer speed at which the Guards found this guy though says alot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

In most cases I'd have to agree, however in this case there is compelling evidence and a crim record which would frighten you. I'm with the majority on this one and would kill him myself to prevent any possible reoccurance.

No rehabilitation for cold blooded murderers, the bay is deep enough and we have plenty of heavy stones.

'cptr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

As vulcan57 mentioned, the suspect is in Castlerea prison and is due in court again in Castlerea on January 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

damalo wrote: »
    True - the sheer speed at which the Guards found this guy though says alot

My understanding is that this guy was arrested for a vicious sexual assault last year...so he was known to the gaurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

He killed before, and was proven guilty. Whatever about this case, he's no innocent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Judging by his previous criminal record he'd be better off dead. I don't care if he's someones father/son/brother/whatever. He's a scumbag and society would be better off without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

He's not innocent, know more than enough about this case to know that. Usually I'd be all for innocent until proven guilty, not in this case. Either way, the question was is he out? Nope, 100% sure he is not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

He's in the cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

He's a total Scumbag, I know that from people who are unfortunate to know him, including one person who saved the Bastard from being kicked to death a few months ago , an attack that was an act of revenge for something horrible he did..Of course other crimes can't be mentioned but quite a lot of people are aware of how evil this person has been in the past.
    I would gladly be the Hangman if we were allowed to Hang the Bastard.

Advertisement