Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is it about

Options
  • 12-01-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what this thing about driving around with no front number plate is about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Maybe the local scumbags have moved from stealing badges to number plates realising the trouble they might put someone in. I doubt its a trend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

What thing? I very rarely see cars with no front plate but when I do its usually near enough to a car dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

I doubt its a trend?
    seen several on boy racer type twits cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The only reason I could think of it might be a trader or the plate fell after parking agains a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I see many boy racer types with the plate in the window. Probably because there is nowhere to attach it on some heavily modified front ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

What the op is probably referring to are the 'boy racers' who fit modified front bumpers to their cars and then take weeks to get/make a bracket with which to attach the front plate to the new bumper. In the meantime they drive around with the front plate stuck in the windscreen (like a trade plate) or thrown in the boot?!

If an on-the-spot-fine was introduced for offences like this, I reckon such practices would cease very quickly!

Advertisement