Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze S**t slow the last couple of days

Options
  • 12-01-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

anyone know whats going on?
    Im in the Dundrum area..
    Taking ages for a page to load..
    I was talking to them on the phone yesterday and they said it was down to contention..
    My average ping is 957 ms!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its crap in Maynooth too and the guy who posted on here said it was interference in Maynooth at the moment.

It is good sometimes and then goes to crap again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

its still totally screwed, 3 days laters!
    average ping . 1208 ms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Are you on 3 rock? I'm up in Sandyford.

I've had the same the last 2 nights? I've been with IBB for about 3 years now and never had close to these slow speeds. Pings are up around 1s too.

They'll be in for a call tomorrow if this keeps up.

Yeah its the same here, speeds are maxing out at 80KB/s

pfft... cruising at a lively 31kbps here on the download. 260 on the upload though???? (I'm on 3MB).

• Advertisement

I don't know why my speeds are so slow on download.

according to speedtest.net I'm getting 1.3Mbps down and 794kbps up with 40ms pings. Similar from irishisptest.ie .8Mbps down and up. Ah just did another one and got .3Mbps so its just stupidly inconsistent. ping 243ms that time.

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Are you on 3 rock? I'm up in Sandyford.

I've had the same the last 2 nights? I've been with IBB for about 3 years now and never had close to these slow speeds. Pings are up around 1s too.

They'll be in for a call tomorrow if this keeps up.

Yes I'm on 3 rock.
    Its been like this since Thursday night...
    I called them Friday evening about the problem.
    The excuse I was given was that it was down to contention, it been Friday evening and everyone home from work...

They've been lying to everyone so it has to be something serious.

BB isn't in my name in the house but the guy in the house who ordered it rang and was told it was a problem with our router to the point where he reset it and then realised he didn't have the settings for the connection and waited until I got home :mad:

I restored the settings from a backup I made for such a scenario and him to bypass the router entirely to see if it was a problem with their network and said that if they knew it was a problem with the router and not the connection, they would have probably asked him to do this in the first place.

So he checked it and it was of course their network. Anyway the point being, their lying to customers in support so they either don't know whats causing it or its big enough that its going to take time to fix it and they don't want to admit the problem.

I'm not ruling out over subscription but its unlikely given the service suddenly went to hell. More likely something broke that's important to the network that needs to be replace and they don't want to refund people when they aren't getting the speeds they are paying for. Yes I know its contended but I don't pay for a crippled network not even capable of providing the max speeds attainable. This may be unlikely too though as I've gotten 200KB/s since it went to hell but the service is unreliable.

May be someone who knows more about broadband network setup can shine some light on the situation.

It looks like I'm back to normal now.

Still crap in Maynooth. This is a 2Mbps connection.

Speedtest.net
    556ms ping
    534 kbps down
    503 kbps up

IrishISPTest
    472 kbps down
    436 kbps up
    317 ping
    80% QOS

Very annoyed at them. Been like this for over a week now.

• Advertisement

mine is back to normal now aswell.
    Bout f*****g time!!

Advertisement