Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a phone socket!

Options
  • 12-01-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a master phone socket for the house and can't seem to get one anywhere. The only way to get one off Eircom is to pay €80 for an electrician to come out.

Basically, the normal ones that go in the sitting room & bedroom I can buy anywhere, even dunnes. The one I need is the master one in the hall. I've 3 sockets in the house. The main eircom hard line is wired to the socket in the hall. The other two sockets are all wired off that main socket. Its more bulky than a standard socket.

Does anyone know where I can get one? I've tried, maplin, peats, diy, power city, b&q, homebase, harvey normans etc... none of them do it.

Thanks
    Graham

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

All of mine are the bog standard type the original eircom one was broken long ago, Your phone line is two wires once these two wires are connected all phone points your sorted. Unless the Eircom box is used to disconnect other extensions on answer or operate a seperate ringer you don't need it. Oh and if you have dsl you need a filter on each point including where sky boxes are connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Try Michael Garry on Bolton Street - a great shop and they won't rip you off. They supply the trade mainly, but they do sell small items to the consumer too. Very decent lads in there and they've always had what I needed.

Michael Garry Ltd
    58 Bolton Street
    Dublin 101 8730055

Shop's very close to Maplin!

(by the way, they're old-school and close for lunch)

Advertisement