Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Sambo Ever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

My fave is the Italian BMT from Subway, absolutely fan-fúcking-tastic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

egg mayo, cheese, corn, stuffing, wedges, red sauce.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

egg mayo, cheese, corn, stuffing, wedges, red sauce.
    Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

'spicy but nice' in rasher byrnes with extra spicy .... drooooool... Tastes infinitely better whilst inebriated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Some really gross suggestions here.

This is what I came up with:
    Soft seeded bap, bed of lettuce and mayonnaise, chicken kiev, bacon, grated white cheddar cheese, maybe an easy single or two under the kiev. 3 cans of coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

about 2 weeks ago i was having a hangover day....at about 5pm i decided to eat.
    there wasnt much to eat in the house, so i had beans on toast.
    i was still kinda hungry and there were some beans left, so i buttered a slice of bread (real soft , fresh bread), threw in some taytos and topped it off with a spoonfull of warm beans...fold over and ate it, it was DELICIOUS!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

My fav sambo is the minute steak sandwich in the Stillorgan Orchard - minute steak (cooked very rare:p), caramelised onions, lettuce and marie rose sauce all on a ciabatta roll ......droooooollllll!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

peanut butter and doritos on brown bread.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hot chicken wraps in Superquinn with cheese, onions and both sauces. Washed down with a litre of supermilk. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

Italian BMTs all the way my brothers. Love em.

Any elses mouth watering reading all this?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Chicken and Avocado Sub from Subway are awesome, doubt you can get them in Eire though. Or Quizno's sandwiches are amazing aswell. I hate people who give out about Subway just because it's a chain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quiznos is awful awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Way to elaborate on your point there...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Big club with cheese covered in tomato ketchup from the news cafe in blackrock=delish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

peanut butter and doritos on brown bread.....

why am I so tempted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I also thoroughly dislike Quiznos. A recent discovery was turkey curry and mango chutney, toasted. Damn tasty.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Crusty roll, garlic mayo, lettuce, chicken breast torn into small strips / shredded, sage and onion breadcrumbs.

Bolognase sandwiches are lovely too.

And just to take a stand for all the yanks, peanut butter and jelly sandwich (anyone outside usa may say jam). Jelly has to be grape or you're just kidding yourself.

That reminds me, why can't you get grape jam / jelly here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

An O'Briens Tripledecker (Cold on White Bread) but only if its made correctly - no butter but with Mayo then it has lettuce onion cheese chicken mayo coleslaw bacon slice and a slice of toast in the middle

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oooh, just thought of another one - turkey, coleslaw and grated cheese on a french roll....mmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Spicy chicken fillet bagget with garlic mayo, grated chesse & coldslaw with buffalo hunky dorys & pint of milk.

or

Warm Lasangane (so the butter melts) in between 2 slices of whits bread, if not lasagne, chicken curry us also good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Bread and Butter for me I'm afraid...twas far from Subway and O'fcukin Brien's I was raised...If your hungry you'll enjoy it was what my Uncle Terry used to say and it was about the only true-ism he ever uttered god bless him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I am a man of simple pleasures:

Plain Bagel
    Chicken
    Melted Cheese

Yum.

On a more unconvential note: Toasted Pitta with pudding bacon and garlic mayo was a sensational brekfast not too long ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Club Sandwich from the deli counter in the SU shop in Bolton St. Its like the sandwich's homage to dinner. quantity and quality in a battle to see how good a sandwich can get. ngyum ngyumm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Way to elaborate on your point there...
    i got the meatballs out of there, they had to be heated up. the staff know nothing they measure how much ham/cheese etc to put on a roll like ffs no need to be that precise.

also really expensive and the large roll wouldn't fill a fly, compared to like a subway or a regular roll from a spar/londis etc.

elaborate enough for ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Subway fcukin sucks. Lovely bread but their fillings are total pox. wouldn't eat it if it was the last sandwich on earth. I'd make my own out of dirt and leaves and eat them instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Brown bread with heated smoked salmon, fried eggs, crispy rashers and grated cheese, and make it very large... oh yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

hangover days= 2slices of white with butter filed with Sausage, waffles and loadsa brown sauce (only Branston Brown sauce though.. chef=yuk!) YUM!!

ordinary days= Brown Crusty Roll filled with hot breaded Chicken fillet, lettuce, red onion, coleslaw, sweet chilli mayo! :D

mmmmmm.....

Me hungry now! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was about to hand out a load of warnings there until I realised the thread was sent from AH!

Anyway, mine is a wholemeal pitta, heated, sliced open and filled with: roughly chopped baby spinach leaves, half a tomato with the seeds taken out (stops sogginess), half a golden delicious apple (sliced) and half an avocado mashed into a paste and used instead of mayo. Mmm. Serve with a cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

My fav is toasted pita bread....

If we are including hot fillings and flat breads, it has to be Shawarmah Kebab. I have a local middle eastern supermarket that does great flat breads. At home, we rub lamb with a mixture of cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Grill or roast and slice thinly. The breads are warmed by flipping them over a naked gas flame for a few seconds. Serve with homous dressing, hot sauce, tomato, lettuce and cucumber.

Or falafel in pitta with the same extras.

Or a hot pastrami sandwich with a bowl of chicken soup on the side. Katz Deli in NY.

Advertisement