Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Sambo Ever

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

currently eating a meatball with extra cheese from subway with spicy mayo, damm it's good!
    Can't understand how so many people actually like that. It looks great but it has absolutely no flavour whatsoever. Now the BMT, that's a different story!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Quiznos isn't great, had it the other day. It looked gorgeous but the ''steak'' was overly processed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

egg mayo, cheese, corn, stuffing, wedges, red sauce.
    Got quite a look when I ordered this today, whole queue laughed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Soda bread dipped in olive oil, anchovies,grated goats cheese, thinly sliced black olives, a drizzle of cayenne pepper and a dusting of black pepper,a few drops of lime juice, and freshly cut tomatoes with iceberg lettuce,washed down with a lovely white wine,divine, thats me.

The hubby likes a black pudding sandwich and a can of dutch gold,ohh men!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

My granduncle Thomás used love a turnip and onion sandwich dipped in sheep drippings with a bottle of stout, he lived to 102

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The hubby likes a black pudding sandwich and a can of dutch gold,ohh men!!!

You've got yourself a keeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

2 or 3 strips of grilled bacon
    1 poached egg
    2 slices of toast (one slice is buttered the other is covered in Ballymaloe Relish)

It can be messy but holy crap it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Soda bread dipped in olive oil, anchovies,grated goats cheese, thinly sliced black olives, a drizzle of cayenne pepper and a dusting of black pepper,a few drops of lime juice, and freshly cut tomatoes with iceberg lettuce,washed down with a lovely white wine,divine, thats me.

I think the poshest sambo so far.......by a masive margin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Fresh white bread or roll.....Real butter....A ripe banana mashed.....A packet of cheese and onion chrisps (king)
    yum****inyum
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

a drizzle of cayenne pepper
    A drizzle of pepper?

Can pepper be drizzled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I love the student's version of 'homemade pizza' - grill two slices of bread on one side and flip. On the flip side of each slice, put a heaped teaspoon of tomato puree, a shake of oregano, pepper and salt, then slices of salami, some mushrooms (I fry mine off first), some green pepper, a couple of black olives, top with mozzarella and put back under the grill to melt the cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

The Breakfast Special:
    Scotch Bap - (they're a little bit smaller than a burger bun - soft, white and dusted with flour) toast it and butter with real butter.
    Fried ham steak (the vac-packed galtee ones)
    Fried egg (runny yellow a must)

Lord above... just try it.

Big Franko's Christmas Crambo (admittedly, stolen from Brewbakers):
    white bread
    ham
    mustard
    piece of toast
    cranberry sauce
    mayo
    lettuce
    turkey breast
    white bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Mr.Boots wrote: »

I think the poshest sambo so far.......by a masive margin

It also reads like a Marks & Spencer commercial... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thick slices of white bread with butter and sour cream. Add some mince chilli, olives and jalopeno's - heaven on a plate!

Failing that toasted tuna in sweet chilli sauce (lidl's best) and cheese.... yummm and you can fool yourself that its healthy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

quazzy wrote: »
    2 or 3 strips of grilled bacon
    1 poached egg
    2 slices of toast (one slice is buttered the other is covered in Ballymaloe Relish)

It can be messy but holy crap it's good.

+1

Walnut Rye bread, chicken, garlic mayo, bacon .............

or

Toasted chicken & blue cheese in wholegrain bread ......

or

Toasted Bagel with Peanut butter & Banana

or

Ciabatta roll with steak, rocket, & blue cheese

or

Toasted chicken tikka with cheese

or

Wrap with mayo, swiss cheese, chicken, sweet chilli sauce / ftw

:::: ven0mous ::::

Advertisement