Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from green issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Winning my affection is a hell of a lot harder than you think and given one or two of the threads in Green Issues you're not even starting from as high as 0.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

c[_] <-- insert Category 5.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Erm, Dev is broken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

Calina wrote: »
    Winning my affection is a hell of a lot harder than you think and given one or two of the threads in Green Issues you're not even starting from as high as 0.

Just you let me know when I've made the grade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Erm, Dev is broken...

He is clearly being affected by the chemicals in the sky.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    c[_] <-- insert Category 5.

DeV.

Would anybody like to translate this into non computer geek?

He is clearly being affected by the chemicals in the sky.

Jack my boy. You'll be pleased to know that casey212 will soon make his glorious return to green issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

All aboard the care train! CHOO CHOO!

c[_] = care cup. Or is it?! *waves hands in spooky fashion*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

paul666 wrote: »
    I noticed that the guy who done the oink oinking is a very strong believer in chem trails and has posted on the topic quite alot.
    i also notice that casey enjoys debating the topic too
    is there a connection?

you were very quick to try get him banned from emergency services forum!

I am not aware of any connection, I just banned him for being abusive.
    As it happens the guy PMed me and apologised. It seems he had just been nailed for speeding and was in bad form. No great conspiracy there, just a bit of common or garden frustration.

Hagar wrote: »
    I am not aware of any connection, I just banned him for being abusive.
    As it happens the guy PMed me and apologised. It seems he had just been nailed for speeding and was in bad form. No great conspiracy there, just a bit of common or garden frustration.

Yeah exactly, so much for all your conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

casey212 wrote: »
    Would anybody like to translate this into non computer geek?

Category 5 storm, in a teacup.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Let me inform people of one of my main opinions which appeared to get me banned.
    You didn't get banned for your opinions.
    oscarbravo and myself are currently conversing on the issue in hope of a speedy resolution to the whole debacle.
    Anyway, while I would not yet refer to Oscarbravo as a "good mate", we appear to have overcome our differences of opinion. At the risk of jumping the gun it would seem that in the near future my presence may once again be found in the green issues forum.
    The "conversation" is over. If you get unbanned, it won't be by me.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You didn't get banned for your opinions.

The "conversation" is over. If you get unbanned, it won't be by me.

Well that throws up a bit of a dilemma. Does anyone else have the POWER to restore my freedom?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Power isn't a issue. Will and right is. I can do it, but it's not my place as I don't moderate Green Issues.
    The only other person who could lift your ban is Keeks. Haven't seen him in a while.

This is like dealing with the revenue people. Even in Oscars post above he cannot provide a reason for the ban, sure I might have had differences of opinion, buts thats all.

The revenue people are actually great to deal with. It's the rest of the government that are a pain in the ass.

The system works based on the fact that people can't just stick their oars on wherever they want and ban/unban people. I have no idea what went on in the PMs between you and Oscarbravo, so for me to wade in and lift the ban is basically saying to OB, "I don't give a **** about what you think, I'm going to do what I want". That in fact would be anarchy, which we all know could never work because some people would ruin it for everyone else.

The moderators look after their own forums and have no power on other forums. If you get banned and don't like it, you have a chat to the moderator of that forum. If you still aren't happy, you can appeal the ban submitting yourself to public opinion here on Feedback, or by starting a thread on the HelpDesk, where a Super Moderator or Admin can review your request and liase with the moderator.
    An Smod or Admin will never lift your ban because that would undermine the position of the moderator - what use would there be in them enforcing any rules on forums if we just came along and overruled them whenever we felt like it? All we can do is tell you if your appeal is valid and try make your case to the mod. A little like a state-appointed solicitor.

That depends on how much they "think" is due to them.

Well from the posts here and the pm's, Oscar appears to have cut all ties to the situation. I can assure you that I am not one to "ask for the manager".

I know that Oscar feels he has valid points and maybe he has, however the first I knew of the problem was when I was outright banned from the green issues forum. If warnings were issued and subsequently ignored by myself then I would have no problem with the overall situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Jesus you just don't know when to let something die do ya? Its getting tiresome now tbh. Take the ban and let it go.

togster wrote: »
    Jesus you just don't know when to let something die do ya? Its getting tiresome now tbh. Take the ban and let it go.

Who are you?

Who are you?

<
    Togster (its written to your left)

• Advertisement

togster wrote: »
    <
    Togster (its written to your left)

Hello Steve, whats this got to do with you, go and look at some celebrity forum.

That depends on how much they "think" is due to them.
    I don't know who or what you're referring to here.
    Well from the posts here and the pm's, Oscar appears to have cut all ties to the situation. I can assure you that I am not one to "ask for the manager".
    He's basically made his decision and double-checked it by talking with you. At a certain point he has to put his hands up and say "decision made, put up with it" otherwise he's just wasting his time.
    I know that Oscar feels he has valid points and maybe he has, however the first I knew of the problem was when I was outright banned from the green issues forum. If warnings were issued and subsequently ignored by myself then I would have no problem with the overall situation.
    Did you say this to him? The basics here are that you went onto the Green Issues forum and basically every post (well every one I read) you made said, "There are no Green Issues, you're wasting your time on this forum".
    If someone went onto the Motors forum, for example, and spent every post trying to convince people that cars are evil and they should stop using them, they'd probably be removed from the forum. Not because they disagree with others, but because they're intentionally pushing an agenda contrary to the topic of that forum and trying to get a rise out of the users. Otherwise known as "trolling".
    People will often be warned for certain behaviour, but when their entire contributions are nothing but trolling, they'll often be banned until, as OB requested, they can convince the mods that they actually are interested in discussing the topic. In your case, you've failed to convince OB that you are actually interested in discussing environmental issues. From reading your posts, you probably consider "discussing environmental issues" to consist of, "There are no environmental issues, open your eyes". If this is the case, then your discussion belongs on the conspiracy theories forum.

It was just an observation dude. Un tangle your panties for a second and let it go. You wont get anywhere with that "attitutde" of yours. Im off to post on "wnaker of the week" thread now. Best of luck with getting unbanned:D

seamus wrote: »
    I don't know who or what you're referring to here.

He's basically made his decision and double-checked it by talking with you. At a certain point he has to put his hands up and say "decision made, put up with it" otherwise he's just wasting his time.

Did you say this to him? The basics here are that you went onto the Green Issues forum and basically every post (well every one I read) you made said, "There are no Green Issues, you're wasting your time on this forum".
    If someone went onto the Motors forum, for example, and spent every post trying to convince people that cars are evil and they should stop using them, they'd probably be removed from the forum. Not because they disagree with others, but because they're intentionally pushing an agenda contrary to the topic of that forum and trying to get a rise out of the users. Otherwise known as "trolling".
    People will often be warned for certain behaviour, but when their entire contributions are nothing but trolling, they'll often be banned until, as OB requested, they can convince the mods that they actually are interested in discussing the topic. In your case, you've failed to convince OB that you are actually interested in discussing environmental issues. From reading your posts, you probably consider "discussing environmental issues" to consist of, "There are no environmental issues, open your eyes". If this is the case, then your discussion belongs on the conspiracy theories forum.

This trolling allegation has been levelled at me before. If you look at my posts since I joined this forum, I have mainly posted in a select few areas, namely green issues and some conspiracy theories. Would this not indicate that I feel strongly about these issues? If I wanted to get a rise out of people there are a lot of more popular forums where trolling would have had much better results.

I do believe the environemnt issue is a scam, and as I said before to one poster, if the environment people were happy change their own ways of living and leave everyone else alone I would have no problem at all. Infact I would not be posting on these boards. However laws are being drawn up and enforced on "non-believers" which I am not happy about. As a result I feel that at least some alternative and truthful opinions need to be provided on the green issues forum.

I don't mind if people are asking for their own ball and chain, just so long as I am not hindered by their save the world schemes.

I see environmental issues as the main threat to my liberty for the considerable future and as a result, the main forum of interest to me is that from which I have been banned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

casey212, take the ban your ranting is not going to change it.

Any chance of somebody locking this thread, its going nowhere fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

We must remember that throughtout history the masses have been conned by one thing after another. Your shephards are interested in their sheep for personal reasons, namely the yearly fleecing through taxes and cheap labour.
    But that doesn't make much sense!?! They are after all slowly killing their sheep by spraying chemicals into the air - aren't they? :confused:

Cabaal wrote: »
    casey212, take the ban your ranting is not going to change it.

Any chance of somebody locking this thread, its going nowhere fast.

What? Nobody is forced to post on this thread or even look at it for that matter.

I do believe the environemnt issue is a scam, and as I said before to one poster, if the environment people were happy change their own ways of living and leave everyone else alone I would have no problem at all. Infact I would not be posting on these boards. However laws are being drawn up and enforced on "non-believers" which I am not happy about. As a result I feel that at least some alternative and truthful opinions need to be provided on the green issues forum.
    No. The problem is that you believe that these issues are a scam, therefore by your own admission you believe that the Green Issues forum shouldn't even exist. So you're never going to be able to participate in the type of discussion that the Green Issues forum exists for.

Imagine a born-again christian who believed that Islam was the source of all evil and should be eradicated, posting on the Islam forum. Do you think they'd be welcome?

You're basically asking to post on a forum which you don't want to exist. Your contributions therefore cannot be constructive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zulu wrote: »
    But that doesn't make much sense!?! They are after all slowly killing their sheep by spraying chemicals into the air - aren't they? :confused:

When the flock gets to large the shepherd losses all control.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What? Nobody is forced to post on this thread or even look at it for that matter.

Very true, but a 6 page (so far) long thread started by you looking to be unbanned which isn't going to happen is pointless and a waste of webspace :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement