Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from green issues

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

seamus wrote: »
    No. The problem is that you believe that these issues are a scam, therefore by your own admission you believe that the Green Issues forum shouldn't even exist. So you're never going to be able to participate in the type of discussion that the Green Issues forum exists for.

Imagine a born-again christian who believed that Islam was the source of all evil and should be eradicated, posting on the Islam forum. Do you think they'd be welcome?

You're basically asking to post on a forum which you don't want to exist. Your contributions therefore cannot be constructive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

And where should I post my views on this issue?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Very true, but a 6 page (so far) long thread started by you looking to be unbanned which isn't going to happen is pointless and a waste of webspace :)

Well delete all the celebrity and sport forums, that should leave plenty of room at the inn.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm the one who can overrule Mods and unban you.

There is nothing you have said that convinces me you have anything to offer that forum, or indeed this site. You're attitude stinks and you are insulting and abrasive.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

casey212 wrote: »
    And where should I post my views on this issue?
    Conspiracy theories seems apt.

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm the one who can overrule Mods and unban you.

There is nothing you have said that convinces me you have anything to offer that forum, or indeed this site. You're attitude stinks and you are insulting and abrasive.

DeV.

Overrun by the masses, no?

• Advertisement

Conspiracy theories seems apt.

No way, this matter is a lot more important than that.

So is everything else on conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh would you just suck it up!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Set up your own website then.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Set up your own website then.

DeV.

I don't have government backing.

• Advertisement

So is everything else on conspiracy theories.

Well I would admit, environment issues would be a distant second to aliens from planet X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I don't have government backing.

You don't need it to set up a website. You just need money.

Dear God what is it with the youth of today?

Calina wrote: »
    You don't need it to set up a website. You just need money.

Dear God what is it with the youth of today?

I was not refering to money. There are other forms of backing that are required long before funding enters the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I admire the OPs sticktoitiveness. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was not refering to money. There are other forms of backing that are required long before funding enters the equation.

Like what?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Like what?

lolcats?

rkm wrote: »
    I admire the OPs sticktoitiveness. :D

No, it's called tunnel vision and it's not always the most effective way of doing things.

I'm intrigued though. I didn't think boards.ie had any government backing so...

SDooM wrote: »
    lolcats?

Haven't they been brainwashed into providing entertainment for us against their feline nature?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SDooM wrote: »
    lolcats?

Have you tried applying the the department of internet memes for lolcat funding? It's impossible, way too much red tape. By the time I get my lolcat funding we'd have moved on to a new internet meme. :rolleyes:

Well I would admit, environment issues would be a distant second to aliens from planet X.
    Ah here, leave the scientologists out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Have you tried applying the the department of internet memes for lolcat funding? It's impossible, way too much red tape. By the time I get my lolcat funding we'd have moved on to a new internet meme. :rolleyes:

Easy. Turn them into pirate VS ninja lolcats.

Like what?

Well take a small mickey mouse website generating a couple of thousand hits a day. This is no big deal, no matter what the content on the site the exposure is very limited when you consider a world wide population of around 6.7 billion.

However as you progress to website such as boards.co.uk or boards.ie you encounter internet traffic on a larger scale. Then you go to the top 100 most popular websites on the internet, a different league again.

The point is that various outside parties start to take an interest in things if your website content were to begin recieving massive exposure. Problems can then arise if the site content were to cause conflicts of interest in terms of the macro picture. Censorship, and this may not be the correct term would follow.

Forum site are a notorious huning grounds for agencies gathering information about general perceptions in relation to many issues. At a very basic level you could even plan a campaign and study the effectiveness by analysing viewing figures on various topics. Look at the BBC "have your say" section, I wish I could post an admission I had from a bbc administrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Calina wrote: »
    No, it's called tunnel vision and it's not always the most effective way of doing things.
    Main Entry: sticktoitiveness
    Definition: dogged perseverance; resolute tenacity;

That sure sounds like the op to me.
    Calina wrote:
    I'm intrigued though. I didn't think boards.ie had any government backing so...

I don't think they have either.

Well take a small mickey mouse website generating a couple of thousand hits a day. This is no big deal, no matter what the content on the site the exposure is very limited when you consider a world wide population of around 6.7 billion.

However as you progress to website such as boards.co.uk or boards.ie you encounter internet traffic on a larger scale. Then you go to the top 100 most popular websites on the internet, a different league again.

The point is that various outside parties start to take an interest in things if your website content were to begin recieving massive exposure. Problems can then arise if the site content were to cause conflicts of interest in terms of the macro picture. Censorship, and this may not be the correct term would follow.

This still doesn't explain why you need government funding to set up a website.

So, your argument is that once you get too popular, "The Man" will notice you and shut you down? Isn't that all a bit, I don't know, "crazy"?

Basically, you're saying that you'd like to tell the people that the Government is fooling them, but you can't tell anyone because the Government won't support you in telling the people that the Government is doing wrong? I don't think I've ever seen a perfectly circular conspiracy theory before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, it's a big conspiracy. You should make a thread for it in the Green Issues forum.

This still doesn't explain why you need government funding to set up a website.

I did not say you needed funding, I said you need backing.

I did not say you needed funding, I said you need backing.

Fair enough, but that still doesn't explain why you need government backing to set up a website.

Please, explain what government backing is needed in setting up a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

When the flock gets to large the shepherd losses all control.
    Ah so they're not in control at all. Pheww. I was worried there.

• Advertisement

So, your argument is that once you get too popular, "The Man" will notice you and shut you down? Isn't that all a bit, I don't know, "crazy"?

Basically, you're saying that you'd like to tell the people that the Government is fooling them, but you can't tell anyone because the Government won't support you in telling the people that the Government is doing wrong? I don't think I've ever seen a perfectly circular conspiracy theory before.

Not shut you down, guide you. Once again people are underestimating the forces at work here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement