Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from green issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Wow. I'm just overwhelmed.

there was me lamenting the lack of a good feedback thread a few days ago and then there's this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

casey212 wrote: »
    I told you before, what you see as a mistake, is not a mistake in the eyes of the benefactors.
    There is a spoon. I'm holding it in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

We'll see. Popularity is of no concern to me.
    Going by this thread and your comments popularity seems to have taken over your life.

You're on a hiding to nothing here so just quit while you are behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

Terry wrote: »
    casey212, are you affiliated in any way with David Icke?

Who is David Icke?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Populations expand at an exponential rate...
    No they don't - unless we're talking about bacteria?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I told you before, what you see as a mistake, is not a mistake in the eyes of the benefactors.

So if I was to go up to some politicians tomorrow and shot them in the face, that would all be part of their plan. Even though they had no idea I was going to do it. That makes no sense.

You still haven't answered my other question though. You say that all parties are the same and all subscribe to the same agenda. What if you or someone like you set up their own party. Would you be the same as all the other parties and subscribe to the same agenda?

muffler wrote: »
    Going by this thread and your comments popularity seems to have taken over your life.

You're on a hiding to nothing here so just quit while you are behind

I am at work, Mate. Sad as it may seem, this is currently the most interesting thing I can do at the moment.

I just want my ban overturned.

Terry wrote: »
    There is a spoon. I'm holding it in my hand.

Read some Nietzsche, he'll give you an insight.

Calina wrote: »
    Wow. I'm just overwhelmed.

there was me lamenting the lack of a good feedback thread a few days ago and then there's this.

Have I made the grade yet?

So if I was to go up to some politicians tomorrow and shot them in the face, that would all be part of their plan. Even though they had no idea I was going to do it. That makes no sense.

You still haven't answered my other question though. You say that all parties are the same and all subscribe to the same agenda. What if you or someone like you set up their own party. Would you be the same as all the other parties and subscribe to the same agenda?

You are not a bureaucratic agency.

As for the second question

Carroll Quigley wrote, in Tragedy and Hope: "There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act…. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies … but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I could have refuted that point about the chip had it been 2012.

Maybe it is, but they just want you to think it's 2008?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

zippy/casey -
    If you are really interested in this sort of thing, look into the work of Alan Watt. www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com
    Glory be, I see the Bearded Wonder does chemtrails as well. Coincidence or conspiracy?

You decide.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You are not a bureaucratic agency.

What does that have to do with anything? Basically you are saying that in politics everything that happens was meant to happen. That it was designed to happen, it was all part of the plan. Yet in the example I provided above, not everything can be planned for. How would the politicians know I was going to do that.

As for the second question

Carroll Quigley wrote, in Tragedy and Hope: "There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act…. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies … but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known

That doesn't answer my question. Try using your own words. The question was if you were to set up a political party would you subscribe to these agendas?

robindch wrote: »
    zippy/casey -

Glory be, I see the Bearded Wonder does chemtrails as well. Coincidence or conspiracy?

You decide.

What did you think of the shows?

Have a word with him and see if you can get my ban overturned.
    A little Metallica, anyone?

"You just stood there screaming,
    Fearing no one was listening to you.
    They say the empty can rattles the most,
    The sound of your voice must soothe you.
    Hearing only what you want to hear,
    And knowing only what you've heard.
    You you're smothered in tragedy,
    You're out to save the world
    "
    So what happened to all manufacturing in the developed world. Did every skilled craftsman suddently forget his craft. No, the industry left for among other things, cheaper labour in asia.
    And the problem with that is? Would you not do the same if you owned a business? Are people in Asia not entitled to jobs?

There reaches a point when manufacturing in developed nations (such as Ireland) is no longer cost-effective and alternative avenues need to be explored.

And by the way, I never met a "skilled craftsman" who worked in manufacturing.

What does that have to do with anything? Basically you are saying that in politics everything that happens was meant to happen. That it was designed to happen, it was all part of the plan. Yet in the example I provided above, not everything can be planned for. How would the politicians know I was going to do that.

That doesn't answer my question. Try using your own words. The question was if you were to set up a political party would you subscribe to these agendas?

You are not in government, if you done what you are saying in that example that would be the acts of a citizen, not a political body. And anyway, things would carry on regardless.

I could give my own words on the second issue, however this is frowned upon on this forum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

djpbarry wrote: »
    A little Metallica, anyone?

"You just stood there screaming,
    Fearing no one was listening to you.
    They say the empty can rattles the most,
    The sound of your voice must soothe you.
    Hearing only what you want to hear,
    And knowing only what you've heard.
    You you're smothered in tragedy,
    You're out to save the world
    "
    And the problem with that is? Would you not do the same if you owned a business? Are people in Asia not entitled to jobs?

There reaches a point when manufacturing in developed nations (such as Ireland) is no longer cost-effective and alternative avenues need to be explored.

I think Blackened is more appropriate to the OP.

Or possibly, Welcome home(Sanitarium)

But seriously OP, it doesn't seem to be sinking in- your ban is not going to be lifted unless you act in a way which will contribute the green forum. I think three mods have said it. And you've just replied with more conspiracy talk.

The problem with this? Are you a paid up globalist, do you know the dangers of a service economy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

What did you think of the shows?
    The Bearded Wonder should cut down on colors. His site makes my eyes water, and not all of that's from laughter.

But somebody told me that he's not the real Alan Watt at all. What do you reckon?

robindch wrote: »
    The Bearded Wonder should cut down on colors. His site makes my eyes water, and not all of that's from laughter.

But somebody told me that he's not the real Alan Watt at all. What do you reckon?

I reckon you should let go of your indoctrination and listen to a few shows.

• Advertisement

You are not in government, if you done what you are saying in that example that would be the acts of a citizen, not a political body. And anyway, things would carry on regardless.

Would it not be a mistake letting him die. So basically there are mistakes made in politics. Which proves you wrong.
    I could give my own words on the second issue, however this is frowned upon on this forum.

A simple yes or no is all that is needed.

Would it not be a mistake letting him die. So basically there are mistakes made in politics. Which proves you wrong.

A simple yes or no is all that is needed.

Look, just forget about it. When I am back in green issues I will take this further.

Look, just forget about it. When I am back in green issues I will take this further.

This type of stuff doesn't belong in green issues, it belongs in conspiracy theories because that's what they are. That is probably the reason you got banned from green issues.

Are you a paid up globalist, do you know the dangers of a service economy.
    I believe that globalisation can be a good thing, yes (if that is what you're asking). I never suggested for a second that Ireland's economy should become entirely service-based, but a manufacturing-based economy is just as unstable.

You did not answer my other questions? Are people in Asia (or anywhere else for that matter) not entitled to the same opportunities we are?

I believe that globalisation can be a good thing, yes (if that is what you're asking). I never suggested for a second that Ireland's economy should become entirely service-based, but a manufacturing-based economy is just as unstable.

You did not answer my other questions? Are people in Asia (or anywhere else for that matter) not entitled to the same opportunities we are?

Globalisation is a race to the bottom. All economies should be independent and provide for the needs of the people within each area. Of course everyone is entitled to the same opportunities, but this problem would not exist if it were not for globalisation in the first place.

A massive difference exists between service and manufacturing economies. Where is the value added in the service economy, what are the products, where are the inputs/outputs. To create wealth you take something transform it and sell it for more than the sum of the parts. A simplified but true statement none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Populations expand at an exponential rate, that was the point I was making. Are you aware that in the past it was common for overlordsto plan wars between themselves to slaughter what they would refer to as the plebs. This was especially popular on the smaller islands in the mediterranean where only a limited land mass existed on which to support agriculture.
    No I wasn't aware of this. Care to share the proof?

Zulu wrote: »
    No I wasn't aware of this. Care to share the proof?

Read the works of francis bacon, in their original form.

All economies should be independent and provide for the needs of the people within each area.
    Like North Korea?
    To create wealth you take something transform it and sell it for more than the sum of the parts.
    But if it is cheaper to manufacture said "something" abroad, which will create jobs and help generate wealth in (probably) a poorer country, which in turn would make it cheaper for Irish people to buy, which in turn would free up more money for the average Irish person who is buying this "something", then why not manufacture it abroad?

To create wealth you take something transform it and sell it for more than the sum of the parts. A simplified but true statement none the less.

No that is not true because that is not the only to create wealth. It is in fact one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard against globalisation. If you provide someone with a service you are not transforming anything yet you can still make a profit. If I fix a computer for someone and charge them €50 I am still making money. All it costs me is my free time.

• Advertisement

Like North Korea?
    But if it is cheaper to manufacture said "something" abroad, which will create jobs and help generate wealth in (probably) a poorer country, which in turn would make it cheaper for Irish people to buy, which in turn would free up more money for the average Irish person who is buying this "something", then why not manufacture it abroad?

North Korea is another matter entirely.

What you are advocating is all well and good while it lasts. However this brings up an array of other problems. Look at the city of detroit for example, one time car manufacturing capital of the U.S., now a wasteland. Eventually a time will be reached when people cannot afford to pay for the imported goods. A service economy is not sustainable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement