Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from green issues

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

Boards isn't here so that you can spread your words of warning to as many people as possible. It is for discussion. You are ruining discussion in greens issues because you keep posting your conspiracy theories there which is not what the forum is meant for.

I think that point has been made before. And anyway you are jumping on the bandwagon, when have you ever posted on green issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

casey212 wrote: »
    You need even basic information for that. And anyway it need not go as extreme as identity theft. Lack of personal privacy is a major issue nowadays, even look at credit cards, store cards, and most problematic of all RFID which will be shortly introduced on a grand scale.
    That only matters if you're terrified about the government knowing your details, and considering that they know more about you than you do, then it's a bit pointless scaremongering over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I have a PhD in international finance
    Ah, it all becomes clear...

Dr. Casey and Mr. Zippy.
    If I have your name and date of birth things can spiral from there.
    My name's Dave and my birthday is 10th April. Now, using your powers of "international finance", tell me, what do I have in my pocket right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Have I made the grade yet?

No.
    Give me back my access to green issues and you wont hear from me again. As I said before I feel the environment scam to be the biggest threat to my personal liberty.

The issue is if someone gives you back access to Green Issues, we will hear from you again.

That's the whole seriously obvious point. People in Green Issues appear not to want to hear from you again.

djpbarry wrote: »

My name's Dave and my birthday is 10th April. Now, using your powers of "international finance", tell me, what do I have in my pocket right now?

Give me your surname, year of birth and address and I know some people who could tell me what is in your bank account for a start. And before anyone responds, this is not a threat or anything else.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    That only matters if you're terrified about the government knowing your details, and considering that they know more about you than you do, then it's a bit pointless scaremongering over it.

Your right about the government. Not enough people are aware of this.

Ah, it all becomes clear...

Dr. Casey and Mr. Zippy.
    Your hand, now stop that before you go blind!

Some humour on these boards. Thats something anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

even look at credit cards
    What's wrong with credit cards?

Calina wrote: »
    No.

The issue is if someone gives you back access to Green Issues, we will hear from you again.

That's the whole seriously obvious point. People in Green Issues appear not to want to hear from you again.

Forget about that green issues issue. How can I improve my standing?

• Advertisement

Your right about the government. Not enough people are aware of this.
    Everybody knows that. It's just that it's not as much a threat as you make it out to be. And anyway, this is all beside the original post. You were banned, and that's that. Many have been banned before you and many will be banned after you. Most of these accept it. But some plucky few, decide to fight the power, no matter how pointless it is. They make huge threads in feedback and are rewarded with cat pictures and sometimes a longer ban. So it was, is and ever shall be. May Dev me with you.

robindch wrote: »
    What's wrong with credit cards?

Nothing if you want all your purchases recorded. The next thing people will be proclaiming the benefits of a cashless society.

Give me your surname, year of birth and address and I know some people who could tell me what is in your bank account for a start.
    Ah, but that it not what you said...

How about I save you the trouble; there's **** all in my bank account right now.
    Your hand, now stop that before you go blind!
    Ah, well played sir. :)

....But some plucky few, decide to fight the power, no matter how pointless it is. They make huge threads in feedback and are rewarded with cat pictures and sometimes a longer ban. So it was, is and ever shall be. May Dev me with you.

This is what concerns me greatly. We are 13 long pages in.

There is a dearth of cats. A serious dearth of cats.

Something *must* be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Nothing if you want all your purchases recorded. The next thing people will be proclaiming the benefits of a cashless society.

He's right. Somebody found my shopping list once, next thing I know, My daughter was kidnapped!!

This is what concerns me greatly. We are 13 long pages in.

There is a dearth of cats. A serious dearth of cats.

Something *must* be wrong.

Give me something to work on at least.

Hobart wrote: »
    He's right. Somebody found my shopping list once, next thing I know, My daughter was kidnapped!!

Next thing you knew you got specially tailored junk mail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nothing if you want all your purchases recorded.
    Of course they're all recorded. How do you think your bank prints a statement at the end of every month?

robindch wrote: »
    Of course they're all recorded. How do you think your bank prints a statement at the end of every month?

If you have a credit card that is.

Hobart wrote: »
    Somebody found my shopping list once, next thing I know, My daughter was kidnapped!!
    You pissed off the environmentalists by making a shopping list and hence, wasting paper. They don't take kindly to your types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

You pissed off the environmentalists by making a shopping list and hence, wasting paper. They don't take kindly to your types.

Yea, but I grew a tree from all that junk mail I got as a result ~(well when I say grew I actually made it from paper and pritt-sticks) . If only I had a daughter to climb it....:(

Go to Spain or Portugal. You can pick up kids there fairly easily.

Give me something to work on at least.

I realise that I don't necessarily (unlike OscarBravo and the GI mod team) have DeV to back me up here but...

No.
    If you have a credit card that is.

Credit cards are the opium of the masses which allow many members of the masses to have a) jobs and b) pleasant Saturday afternoons in shopping capitals of the world. I don't fear someone knowing I bought clothes the other day, cos frankly they'd be more likely to lock me up if I ran around with no clothes whatsoever. Also, I'd be cold.

Personally I scratch my shopping list on the back of a used icelolly stick. I used to use matches to burn it on but apparently burning stuff is not right either according to all those ads on the radio.

Credit cards are the opium of the masses which allow many members of the masses to have a) jobs and b) pleasant Saturday afternoons in shopping capitals of the world. I don't fear someone knowing I bought clothes the other day, cos frankly they'd be more likely to lock me up if I ran around with no clothes whatsoever. Also, I'd be cold.

I get the hint:

take you out shopping some day. Perfect.

I get the hint:

take you out shopping some day. Perfect.

Dream on.

Dream on.

God loves a tryer.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boards isn't here so that you can spread your words of warning to as many people as possible. It is for discussion. You are ruining discussion in greens issues because you keep posting your conspiracy theories there which is not what the forum is meant for.
    Nail. Head. *thump.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

lolcatsdotcomiy0hwr7nqv87ch3g.jpg

catconspiracy.jpg

God loves a tryer.

God created the conspiracy you're trying to fight.

@6th - thank you. I was concerned for the future of the planet for an hour there.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »

catconspiracy.jpg

lol, christ that has me and my boss in hysterics!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement