Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty laptop

Options
  • 12-01-2008 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a laptop at pc world today as a spare machine. It has already cut off twice in its first few hours so i may have to take it back. In the event i do go back can at what stage can i insist on a refund, must i accept them repairing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Just picked up a laptop at pc world today as a spare machine. It has already cut off twice in its first few hours so i may have to take it back. In the event i do go back can at what stage can i insist on a refund, must i accept them repairing it.

First off id never buy a laptop from PC world, you may want to check the T&C on there website, but i would demand a refund straight away, if you tell them its needed for work/college or ask for laptop while they repair your one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Go back asap with your receipt, explain the situation, get your money back and get the hell out of there and get yourself a macbook from apple.com!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

ok but it has been purchased from pcw, what im asking here is when or at what stage can i legally demand a refund. Legally can they insist on a repair, or a second repair etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

*Tripper* wrote: »
    yourself a macbook from apple.com!

bit expensive though, and no major benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

If you only bought it yesterday, and it is actually faulty, it will be replaced on the spot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

ok but it has been purchased from pcw, what im asking here is when or at what stage can i legally demand a refund. Legally can they insist on a repair, or a second repair etc

Your completely with in your consumer rights to demand a full refund, not a credit note or repair, IF the item is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

PCW Will replace your laptop with a new laptop within the first 28 days if a fault is found. Sometimes they will give you a full refund, just ask. After the 28-days it will be repaired by the manufacture.

Advertisement