Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

when do i get my car nct'd

Options
  • 12-01-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Mr 04 Alfa 156 is 4 years old last week. Now, do i have to book my car in for an nct test or do i get a notification date through the post from them?

Didnt think about this until today, now i am a bit worried i am driving illegally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

short answer yes

full answer............feckin NCT people.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

They are meant to send you a booking invitation.
    However you can make your own booking here:

http://www.ncts.ie

All you need is your registration number & date of resigtration. There is an on-line booking system where you can pick your test centre & time. You can book up to 5 weeks in advance.

Alternativel you can ring the number on the website to try to get on of their booking agents to squeeze it in earlier.
    Iif it was me I would book whenever was available on the website. Once you have a booking made I think you have covered yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i really didnt realise i had to do this myself. I assumed it was like the car tax, they informed you? Im sure before this car i used to get a time and date through the post when it was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

snaps wrote: »
    i really didnt realise i had to do this myself. I assumed it was like the car tax, they informed you? Im sure before this car i used to get a time and date through the post when it was due.

Sometimes new cars might not show up on their system as their system can be a bit of a joke at times.

Book yourself in online and print out a copy of the appointment date in case the law is not nice if you get stopped!

These things happen so just book in and thats it! Wouldnt be too worried bout it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

snaps wrote: »
    i really didnt realise i had to do this myself. I assumed it was like the car tax, they informed you?
    They usually do but it is as a courtesy - they are not obliged to. The responsibiliity lies with the registered owner of the vehicle (same for Motor Tax).

I wouldn't worry about it though. There is a bit of flexibility..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They used to notify you of the first NCT due on the car. The next consecutive tests every two years after that then were the responsibility of the current registered owner to arrange.

Not sure what their policy is these days though.

Advertisement