Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars damaged

Options
  • 12-01-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

What with the month that is it in it & a lot of people being on the dry I was very upset to hear three of my friends say their cars had been damaged lastnight parked around the city while they were out. There are a lot of bad-minded people out there. Aerials taken, hubs taken, cars keyed...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Where exactly? Sounds like 1 bad group of fcukers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Too many fellas (15-early 20's) walking the streets drinking cans/bottles thinking they can do what they want.

Gardai walking the beat seem to do very little about the public drinking so why am i not surprised.

When I went "bushin" we had to do it it out of the public eye, now you can walk from Mill Street all the way up to Eyre Square drinking buckie or whatever your tipple may be unmolested by the boys/girls in blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

The cops stopped me on the street on Halloween and told me to get rid of my beer, but we were just going from one house to another, not drinking on the street on purpose, ususall go to the arch of claddagh for knacker drinking though, little ****ers though. But on a funny note my friend saw a car covered in cling film on the way to work one day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I live in mill street and while my car's been parked outside my house I've had the wing mirror taken off once, the ariel broken once and it's been keyed three seperate times. Went to the Guards and they took the 'details' down on the back of an envelope.

I drive a pretty nice car so I just chalk it down to jealousy, that or whoever had it before me broke a few hearts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I don't get it, either - I've had a good few wing mirrors kicked off, so had the boyfriend, and it's a feckin' pain to get those fixed!

Caught a couple of young lads breaking aerials off cars - shouted out the window, made them run - annoying though! No point in calling the guards either, cause by the time they get round, these morons are gone...

Seriously, someone should invent a high voltage 'touch my car and you're toast' device for those feckers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

galah wrote: »

Seriously, someone should invent a high voltage 'touch my car and your toast' device for those feckers...

And then the owner would get sued :( Ireland's law sucks! These cnuts should be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

galah wrote: »
    Seriously, someone should invent a high voltage 'touch my car and you're toast' device for those feckers...

at one stage flamethrowers on your car were legal in South Africa. dunno if they still are, but it's definitely something the govt. should investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I'd definitely be all for it!

but seriously, I don't get why people do this stuff - I mean, what's the thrill? - either completely destroy the car (so that it's worth claiming off the insurance) or don't at all - those mirrors are expensive (mine are 100 Euro per mirror), but not expensive enough to call the insurance...

Maybe it's time the council installed CCTV everywhere, just to catch those feckers!

Advertisement