Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

UFO anybody

• 12-01-2008 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

got thier greatest hits in virgin last week. I only knew one of their songs (doctor doctor) before i got it, i have been looking for that album for ages! some of the songs are amazing! Dont know how they didnt make it bigger. like blue oyster cult, just faded away......... what are your opinions of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Schenker is a legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good band, they got caught in the squeeze between Classic Hard Rock and the NWOBHM. Frequent line up changes and the typical drinking culture of the time didn't help I think.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I love Doctor Doctor. Unfortunately, they haven't gotten the credit they deserve and have ended up on "The Best of Classic Rock" type compilation albums in bargin bins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Seen them here last year and did a top show!! Not quite the same without Schenker though(plays here next month). Have a listen to their live album Strangers in the Night, its a classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭hypnosisdublin

Make sure to check out their classic live album "Strangers In The Night". Michael Schenker plays a blinder on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Aye indeed Schenker is the bomb.

If you liked UFO then you seriously need to get yourself to NAZARETH in 2 weeks time. Playing Belfast, Dublin, and I think in Derry too. I'm off to Belfast myself since the Dublin date wasn't announced until AFTER I'd booked flights and bought the ticket...

Other bands to look up include TESLA, KROKUS, THUNDER, GREAT WHITE.

Advertisement