Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avoiding VRT

Options
  • 12-01-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on pulling a VRT scam this summer. Thinking about buying a 2003/2004 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi in the UK, costing between €8000 - €10,000. I've a brother living in London, so plan on leaving it with him from April till September. I'll have no real use for a car during those months as my project will have ended and I'll be away for the majority of the summer.

Now, i've a few quick questions. (I have read the beginners guide to importing in the past).

Does the car have to be taxed and MOT'd when I bring it home in September?
    Obviously he has to register the car under his name and address in the UK, so will he have to bring it through the port?
    When it's in Ireland, it'll have to be registered in his name. Is it right that I can have my own insurance on the car even though i'm not the registered owner (and my insurance may potentially be void in the event of a crash/claim?).
    After how long can he transfer the ownership over to me?
    Are there any tax implications for myself or himself?

I'm sure there's one or two more questions i'm missing out on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

conZ wrote: »
    I'm planning on pulling a VRT scam this summer

It won't work. They've seen it all before. Not smart to announce you're planning to commit fraud on a public forum either...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement