Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Basic Qs.

Options
  • 12-01-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there, just some quick q's.

Is there any adverse effects from lowering your car? Can I just buy a kit and do it or should I go to a mechanic and just get him to buy and fit?

With regards to alloys what info should I need? If I know what bore and PCD I have should the correct ones listed here do? Once they're on do I need to get them aligned or anything?

Sorry for the basic questions and thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

in regards to lowering your car, you cant do it if you dont know what your doing. judging by your post, you dont so i would ask a friendly mechanic to do it for me. (i couldnt fit springs either by the way).
    you have to take out the existing shocks and you need spring clamps to compress the springs to remove them and fit the new lower ones.

as for the alloys, most places that sell them will supply, fit them and have the tyres balanced allready, but i would recommend you go to the local garage and get your tracking done just to make sure the new wheels are all going straight.

thats my 2 cents, hope it was useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FishKing

Thanks kc, very helpful. Did the lowering have any impact on your insurance btw?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

FishKing wrote: »
    Thanks kc, very helpful. Did the lowering have any impact on your insurance btw?

technically its a modification, but my evo came with them from the factory so i didnt have to tell them.

im sure it wouldnt make any difference, as its not a performance mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Don't lower the car more than 10 to 25mm. Any more, and the handling over typical Irish roads will be horrid. It'll skip, jump and bounce over the bumps, making it uncomfortable and hard to drive. I do allot of driving on backroads, and I've had to put a sump-guard on the car it's so low on factory springs. (AX GT)

If you drive mainly in town and on smooth main roads, lower away!

Advertisement