Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 Modern Warefare Problems

• 12-01-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭

I have the latest patch installed and the latest forceware graphics drivers. My video card is a Geforce 6800GT. When I try and run the game I just get a 'This Game Has Encountered An Error' screen...

Really wanna play this game, all the lads in the house have it, two copies for 360 and two for PC (one's mine).

HELP! Really wanna get this game up and running, have searched the net but haven't really seen any similiar problems. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Achilles wrote: »
    I have the latest patch installed and the latest forceware graphics drivers. My video card is a Geforce 6800GT. When I try and run the game I just get a 'This Game Has Encountered An Error' screen...

Really wanna play this game, all the lads in the house have it, two copies for 360 and two for PC (one's mine).

HELP! Really wanna get this game up and running, have searched the net but haven't really seen any similiar problems. Any ideas?

Using XFire or a Realtek sound card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

have you tryed to re-install it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If you are on steam, verify the files and see. Otherwise re-install (or go to the official help site :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hang on, COD4 works through steam? I'm using two sound cards at the moment, one is an nVidia built in card and the other is a (hang on can't remember.. remoting into machine itself...)

C-Media device, there we go. I haven't tried to reinstall (yet) but I don't think the install was botched, tis always a possibility tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Achilles wrote: »
    Hang on, COD4 works through steam?

Only if it's purchased through Steam. The normal boxed copies don't require it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

2 sound cards could well be the issue ,disable the c-tek one and re-install there could be conflicts in driver/irq ?
    do they work ok in tandem normally >? if so just disable in windows and try running in safe mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its ur c-media sound card. i have the same one and the same problem happened to me. u need to rename a file from your sound folder or somethin. i cant quite remember what exactly i done, but u rename a file. sum1 here must know?!

Advertisement