Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keyless entry fitting

Options
  • 12-01-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I recently got a scorpion keyless entry system for my 1998 passat and was wondering if anyone has fitted or had fitted one of these?

Is this a job one could undertake themselves or would it be best to leave it to a professional?

Could someone also let me know the location of the cental locking unit to where this has to be attached?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

I put one of these in the last day on my 2002 vw golf. Tool you need would be a torch, wire strippers, wire cutters, digital multimeter torx screwdriver and wire crimper or pliers. I don't have electric windows so mine was abit harder because there is a white plug connector on them models inside the door card for easily finding lock and unlock wires.
    Your going to need to take of panels below the steering wheel and on your door card have a look on vwvortex.com forums for a how to. Inside the door panel are the lock and unlock wire that you will have to tap into.
    Then on the kit I got had 1 12v wire which went under the dash with a ring connector and 3 ground wires.
    You can get to the indicator wire if you pop out the hazard switch.

Dont know to wire colours for your model but just check the wire with the multimeter. Feel free to ask for any more help. Oh and goodluck

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What has your insurance company said about this mod irishoob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Why would my insurance company need to be informed. My piece of kit doesn't contain an alarm if thats what your wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

kbannon wrote: »
    What has your insurance company said about this mod irishoob?

Jesus people in this country are getting so.............

What difference does it make.. If his car burns because of electrical faults the wiring he put in will surely melt as well

I notify my insurance company when I change a bulb :rolleyes: ...........................NOT FFS

Advertisement