Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good recipe for homemade pesto?

• 12-01-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, does anyone know of a good recipe for homemade pesto? I love the stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

this is a simple recipe but really good. 2 bags of basil(the size that come in supermarkets) 5 cloves of garlic, 3 quarters of a pkt of pine nuts(which have been roasted) a good bit of black pepper and sea salt and a good quality olive oil to mix. wizz all up and thats it. Some people add other things but I think this simple one is the best and will keep for a while in the fridge if kept in an airtight container

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

deemy wrote: »
    this is a simple recipe but really good. 2 bags of basil(the size that come in supermarkets) 5 cloves of garlic, 3 quarters of a pkt of pine nuts(which have been roasted) a good bit of black pepper and sea salt and a good quality olive oil to mix. wizz all up and thats it. Some people add other things but I think this simple one is the best and will keep for a while in the fridge if kept in an airtight container

+1. I use different quantities though but the same ingredients. I did a bit of experimentation to get it just how I want it. It's up to you and your preferences. Just be careful not to put too much garlic in. I made one batch really garlicky and it tasted like burning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yay sounds great, I knew generally what was in it but was unsure about the quantities, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

deemy wrote: »

No parmasaen cheese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Minder wrote: »
    No parmasaen cheese?

the official recipe has three tsp of parmesan cheese and same quantity of pecorino (another italian cheese)

• Advertisement
Advertisement