Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using wireless 360 controller on laptop

• 12-01-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get an adaptor for my laptop to enable use of a 360 wireless controller?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yes you certainly can.

Ive got one, its called a Microsoft Wireless Controller Reciever. Costs about €25. From all good game shops and some crap ones aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Amazon sell them for about €20 too, at least thats where mine came from - great thing altogether

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Could the pad be used on MAME/SNES9X etc?

If so I'm sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers for that lads.

PES 2008 for PC is free to play online isn't it?

jayteecork wrote: »
    Could the pad be used on MAME/SNES9X etc?

If so I'm sold.

It behaves like a normal gamepad, but I will check this for you tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Can I connect my wireless controller through USB with the play and charge cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

neacy69 wrote: »
    Can I connect my wireless controller through USB with the play and charge cable?

nope i tried this and it didn work.
    could just be me tho!

neacy69 wrote: »

Definitely not. There is nothing in the wireless controller to tell it to act as a wired-usb remote so it'll never work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

any way of doing this without buying mocrosoft reciever ? bluetooth dongle and some software ?

Kristok wrote: »
    any way of doing this without buying mocrosoft reciever ? bluetooth dongle and some software ?

I don't think so. When you get the receiver you need to "match" up the controller with it (like you do when you bring a controller to your mates house). That way you can have the xbox and pc in the same room but it wont turn on the xbox if it's linked to the controller. AFAIK you can't link it to non-MS hardware such as a dongle.

€20-€25 saves quite a lot of hassle ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement