Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Thomas - Taking the p...!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Did you ever wonder how the owner of Brown Thomas became the richest person in Ireland? Its not for her bargain prices

Just to clarify, she (Hilary Weston) doesn't own BT at all. Her husband Galen does. It's all his money. The Sunday Times/Craig Gormless Doyle just use her name. She's a former model who married money, she's not involved in his businesses at all. And by the way he owns Penneys too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Change 'her' to 'his' then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

jdivision wrote: »
    And by the way he owns Penneys too!!
    I did not know that, interesting fact. Has he always had it or did he acquire it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭flyingdagger

Just a few points:

1: the furniture in BT is not BT-the linen dept is called bottom drawer( completely differeny company,they're a consession) and they do their own furniture.Also a vast majority of furniture sold in BT is also a consession of a Dublin designer furniture company.The stuff on the 3rd floor is a mix of the 2 companies,not Brown Thomas stock.

2:BT have recently made the decision to no longer stock fur of any kind

They may be overpriced but i worked there for a long time and believe me there is no shortage of people with money to burn.People would shop and spend a small fortune in the space of 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dizzydub

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Did you ever wonder how the owner of Brown Thomas became the richest person in Ireland? Its not for her bargain prices

The owner of Brown Thomas is the richest man in Canada, Galen Weston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hmmm... eh did no one ever wonder why the BIG Canadian flag is flying out the front! lol

Advertisement