Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with choosing a new ISP?

Options
  • 12-01-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hello to you all! I've recently moved to Dublin and as such have been on the look out for a new broadband service provider. I'd be very grateful if someone could recommend a reliable ISP who doesn't traffic shape and is available in the Dublin 1 area?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I use Irish Broadband fixed wireless, never had a problem with them in two years. No need for a phone line/line rental, no limits on downloads + 2mb upload as well as download...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'd recommend Smart if it's your area. I switched to them from ntl about 6 months ago and have been very pleased with the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

Bawpsherep wrote: »
    Hello to you all! I've recently moved to Dublin and as such have been on the look out for a new broadband service provider. I'd be very grateful if someone could recommend a reliable ISP who doesn't traffic shape and is available in the Dublin 1 area?

Thanks in advance!

If you're in Summerhill exchange then Smart, of course.
    Been with them for 2 years & no problems whatsoever. No download/upload limits & no contention.
    And BTW they're currently running free broadband promotion which makes it even sweeter ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'm in the same boat, but I'm moving apartments and I'm probably not going to be allowed put anything on the roof. What's the best mobile broadband option? o2 have one going but it's only a 10 gig cap... i was doing some calculating and that's just barely enough to cover what I consider my 'essential' downloads every month... to say nothing about things I may come across, youtube, news, http.... 10 gigs is just silly. is there better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

IBB might be able to attach to the side of the apartment or you could look at their non-fixed wireless (read crap) products.

Digiweb have some too I think.

If your moving into an apartment block then you might have cable so you might be able to get broadband that way.

10GB is the limit on a lot of ISP's AFAIK. Mobile Broadband probably wouldn't be good enough for you if you were looking for that sort of usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

i'm also looking to change ISP from BT Ireland...was hoping to join a cable company,so I was looking to NTL's 6MB package...UPC Ultra or something?

Anone for/against this?

BT's simply too slow for my liking...

Advertisement