Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Restaurant!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

biko wrote: »
    Charcoal Grill
    finest dining in the city

:D

though they cant do good curry cheese chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

martines in quay st is pretty good seafood wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 twenty6and6is1

sorry i left out "the" before last night, abalone is still fantastic, i heard a story that the chef in abolone has no problem with customers sticking their heads into the kitchen during dinner:confused:

you jus got to yry o gradys in bearna on the pier, and in town abalone

I have eaten in all the mentioned restaurants,
    except vina mara, what is the verdict? so all this chat about restaurants in galway' where is the best food?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

The italian named place in Barna in off the road, at Clarkes was excellent. You really get value for money there. It was cheap, but it wasnt too expensive either...

The name escapes me...

EDIT...

Mulberry is the name of the place. It's an Italian restaurant, but they seemed to have a variety of dishes. The steak i had was worthy of any table.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

finlma wrote: »

The Old Schoolhouse in Clarinbridge also do superb food.

Seconded. Lovely atmosphere too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

mc swiggans
    that is all

Yes oh yes!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

McSwiggans ain't that great. Had the chicken and veg there recently, everything was doused in oil and the veg was hard.

Ive been in there twice over the years. The first time, it wasnt too bad, but nothing special either.

Ive been in there twice in the last year and a half so, and I had the chicken on one of my visits and it was dire. I was there with my father and he isnt very hard to please when it comes to grub, as he says himself, but he thought it was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

So where's a good place to go for Valentines/15th? Not sure if gf is visiting me or if i'm visiting her but suggestions are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    So where's a good place to go for Valentines/15th? Not sure if gf is visiting me or if i'm visiting her but suggestions are welcome.

The bedroom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Cactus Jacks, always been a fav of ours, my Oh is a big Steak man:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Fey! wrote: »
    I had forgotten about the Schoolhouse; I haven't eaten there, but have heard great things about it. Is Morans on the Weir still good?

As for Thai Garden, I find it decent. Not impressed by the renamed Lemongrass, though.

Yep Morans is still going well, and quieter this time of the year too.
    My only grip witht he place is that it really is ONLY seafood. They do it well but it's ALL they do. I'm a veggie but I've brought a lot ofpeople there (live 4 houses away from it) and they're always left with the salmon as alternatives are mostly shellfish and if the significant other isn't into that....... the Schoolhouse is amazing.
    My dad got as mutton dish in there bout 4 months ago that we're still hearing about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If you want a fancy (expensive) but fancy and delicious dinner , I highly recommend the Pullman Restuarant in Gleno Abbey's grounds.
    It's a dressy place but was great for an anniversary recently, the food was delicious, great service and I can only but highly recommend it.
    3 course Dinner and drinks for two people (coke & 2 bottled beers) came to €97, which for the experience I thought was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Must try Schoolhouse in Clarenbridge sometime. Is it a snooty place or can you actually talk in the place?

Morans is class (we used to drive up the river on spring tides) but again a serious gripe is that its ONLY seafood. FFS if they even had a steak as an alternative it'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dannyboy68

I would avoid O'Grady's on the Pier in Barna, last time i went there I had a bad bout of food poisoning for 2 days afterwards. :eek:

Won't be back there again in this lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

McSwiggans has gone way down recently, especially their bar food.

Malt House is fab. Ate in Cookes recently and thought it was terrible. For something not very fancy but delicious and inexpensive people should try The Home Plate. The food is gorgeous and it is so cheap!
    Morans of the Weir also isn't as good as it used to be.

My favourite restaurant in Galway is Da Robertas in Salthill. Although it can be slightly expensive for what it is (€20 for marinated chicken and chips), I have never eaten anything there that wasn't divine.

Advertisement