Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering Pump

Options
  • 12-01-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hello,

I am leaving my ford mondeo into a ford garage to have a steering pump changed and was wondering what ya might think the cost will be (roughly).

cheers.

Ted.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Surely you asked them before you left it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

€300 including labour, not a small job.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

OK then. To asnwer your original question, I reckon it will cost €300 including labour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

kbannon wrote: »
    Surely you asked them before you left it in?

I would have thought it was obvious that I didn't ask them a price otherwise why would I create this thread. The car hasn't been left in yet but I will be leaving it in during the week. Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Ask for a quote beforehand or you'll get soaked.

• Advertisement

I will do Oilrig, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Oilrig wrote: »
    Ask for a quote beforehand or you'll get soaked.

Even better, get a quote for parts and labout inclusive of VAT and tell them that if the job is going to go over that quote (for instance if the car or job needed extra parts or time on labour etc) to call you on your mobile to clear it first with you.

This will always make a garage or mechanic think twice if he thinks he's going to screw ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

"Even better, get a quote for parts and labout inclusive of VAT and tell them that if the job is going to go over that quote (for instance if the car or job needed extra parts or time on labour etc) to call you on your mobile to clear it first with you."

This should be standard practice.

Never submit a car for work without some estimate of what it will cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chocice

kbannon wrote: »
    OK then. To asnwer your original question, I reckon it will cost €300 including labour!
    Last service I had on my Renault Trafic at a Ford / Renault dealer was €429 incl vat for oil, air, and fuel filters and rear brake pads. Hopefully you'llnot be ripped off like this. Its only 15mts old and was bought there.

Plug wrote: »
    €300 including labour, not a small job.

€750 would yis believe. €440 for the part, €225 for labour and the rest in VAT. Just thought ya might be interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement