Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct/trade in

Options
  • 12-01-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

Got a colt 00 last yr for €3200 with 80k km on it

first car so planned to have for a year before going something better... had a little tip a few months in nothing major didnt even have to bring it to the garage or anything.. mate beat the bumps out of it bar a small one on the bonnet at nose where u cant get at it proper to beat it out.

was up for nct dropped it n and wanted it so wud pass the nct, says the front and central exhaust need doing as well as other small things.. see the small things dont mind but dont want to spend huge amounts of money just so it will pass nct so i can just sell it my question is

how much do you think i wud get as a trade in with out it nct'd?

or wud i better off forking out on parts n getting it past nct n sell it privately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You'd be better finding out how much it will cost to get it through the nct, at least then you can make an informed choice rather than a guess. Exhausts aren't that expensive, pop in to a quik-fit and get a price. What are the "small things"?

Car with 2 years nct is always goint to get a better price than one with none.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

well getting the small things done and the garage fella said it might pass it said it wasnt bad but he said he cant say for sure... is one small thing is moisture has got into one of nead lights.. he said before i go down to nct put a hair dryer to it n dry it out... i have heard this before but is it true!!!

Advertisement