Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curly hair

• 12-01-2008 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Whenever i wash my hair for about 3 hours afterwards it's really curly, especially in front of and behind my ears and at the back of my head. I really like this, but unfortunately after a few hours it goes away.

how can i keep it like this?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I swear by Pantene Curl Moose (sp?) when I wash my hair and Boots curl spray for the days between washing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

use mousse and hairspray

crunch your hair when its damp, that should help keep the curls

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

anti frizz serum, mousse and lots of hairspray!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

i have naturally curly hair, (and go out of my way to try keep it straight!!) But to keep the curls, i would recommend only using a comb, mousse is great esp shockwaves curl mouse. You could try blowdrying your hair upside down using a diffuser.
    Also scrunching....but be sure and scrunch from the bottom up, otherwise you'll cause frizzing!

Hope this helps!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Thanks for the help!

I probably should have mentioned im a guy, does that change any of the above information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

no it doesn't ( well i wouldn't think so anyway). Just to add to my post before, you could try twisting your hair around the natural curl thats there, just put a dab of mouse/any curling product on your finger and twist the hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

This is not recommended but my Uncle was out hunting three years ago and while searching for his gun in the long grass, an aggressive male badger snook up behind him and bit into his left arm. He needed eighteen stitches in hospital but my Aunt was never done remarking on how curly his hair had become in light of the attack.She even jested he should enter a 'Leo Sayers' lookalike competition in Dublin but the curliness had resided by the time of the contest...As I said,it's not recommended...but if you are desperate...necessity is the mother of invention and all that...beware though,your not allowed retaliate as Badgers are a protected species and you could end up with a month behind bars and looking like Art Garfunkel...a scary predicement at the best of times!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

KIVES wrote: »
    This is not recommended but my Uncle was out hunting three years ago and while searching for his gun in the long grass, an aggressive male badger snook up behind him and bit into his left arm. He needed eighteen stitches in hospital but my Aunt was never done remarking on how curly his hair had become in light of the attack.She even jested he should enter a 'Leo Sayers' lookalike competition in Dublin but the curliness had resided by the time of the contest...As I said,it's not recommended...but if you are desperate...necessity is the mother of invention and all that...beware though,your not allowed retaliate as Badgers are a protected species and you could end up with a month behind bars and looking like Art Garfunkel...a scary predicement at the best of times!!!

Something very similar happened to an Auntie of mine, although it wasn't a badger, she was bitten by a wolf.Her hair had turned grey the following morning and very straight. This is strange because she used to have a lovely head of curly ginger hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Something very similar happened to an Auntie of mine, although it wasn't a badger, she was bitten by a wolf.Her hair had turned grey the following morning and very straight. This is strange because she used to have a lovely head of curly ginger hair.
    I know my post was humourous but it was based on fact and in a round about way I was trying to make a cautious if informed comment on the perils of curly hair in a rural context...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

KIVES wrote: »
    I know my post was humourous but it was based on fact and in a round about way I was trying to make a cautious if informed comment on the perils of curly hair in a rural context...

So do you agree with curly hair or do you oppose it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement