Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhythm is a Dancer- Snap

Options
  • 13-01-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

OK I know I bang on a bit about old tracks but it really is true the oldies are the best.

Just heard this blast from the past again today and it really is great.

Not sure exactly what genre it is tbh- dance, techno etc, but imho it's a shame that this kind of sound seems to be gone from dance music today.

Summer 1992 IIRC. ah the memories. :)
    Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nah, was a metal kid. Represented everything I thought was evil at the time. Now I just think its funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

SDooM wrote: »
    Nah, was a metal kid. Represented everything I thought was evil at the time. Now I just think its funny!
    Aw no. :) Metal's anger/self-loathing and dance's euphoria can co-exist peacefully in a teenager's psyche ;) No tbh I was also into metal and grunge mostly as well at the time but this track I suppose for me is associated with a particular period in my life that brings back poignant memories. Edit: Admittedly the lyrics aren't Shakespeare but imo it's still a great tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

"I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer"

The greatest lyric of all time.

Photi wrote: »
    "I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer" The greatest lyric of all time.

Indubitably :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

That song is awesome - I know it well. I don't know why, but it always reminds me of London for some reason. Other songs of a similar genre that remind me of London include Haddaway's What is Love and The Jam's Going Underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tune.

What Is Love will always remind me of Night At The Roxbury, always gets the head moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rhythm Is A Dancer is THE best dance song of all time. It's just brilliant. Any time it comes on in a club I'm straight onto the floor.

Closely followed by Mr. Vain and Set You Free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good tunes. That Snap one always reminds me of Ride on Time by Black Box for some reason (also used for an ad for 2FM 'Beat on the Street') :) Snap's 'Welcome to Tomorrow wasn't half bad either.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    What Is Love will always remind me of Night At The Roxbury, always gets the head moving.

:D Weird but funny film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

That song is fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Photi wrote: »
    "I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer"

The greatest lyric of all time.
    :mad: No way! This is;

"I should have told ya, that the woman that ya bought won't blow ya - she just blows meeeeee!" :cool:

Now thats a fuckin' classic ;)"!

Edit: Or ofcourse....
    "24 Hour Party People, plastic face carnt smile the whites out!"

Along the same lines anyway... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Rhythm Is A Dancer is THE best dance song of all time. It's just brilliant. Any time it comes on in a club I'm straight onto the floor.

Closely followed by Mr. Vain and Set You Free.

+ fcukin 1.

Well, not a Mr Vain fan myself at all, replace it with Ebeneezer Goode and Im sorted :p And Ride on Time cant be touched, absoloute wreck the floor tune.

Whether it was cheese, mainstream classic or rave stuff the early to mid 90s cant be touched. A perfect night out for me would, from way back when, include Born Slippy, Ebeneezer Goode/Move Any Mountain, No Good 4 Me, Ride on Time, Set You Free (the finest quality cheese :p Floor full of people roaring "yup yup yup" after that "in a state of eeeccstasssyyyy" line :p)

Oh, and of course, not forgetting this criminally underplayed classic piece of tunage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WU94oWlkV8

Anyone got good tips on where in Dublin plays 90S classics on the regular? Heaven in Blanch sticks it on on occasion on a Saturday. Mate was in Q Bar Friday night said they were playing loads of early/mid 90s old reliables, No Good 4 Me, Born Slippy, all the classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ahh I'm fukking lovin this thread, all the classic 90's dance coming out.

Love this one aswell, it's the absalute pinacle of cheese (or is it? I'm not sure), but it still puts a big stupid grin on my face anytime I hear it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oAlRtCyr0sQ

(by the way how do you impregnate youtube vids into your posts?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Another one from the early 90's (1993). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Thats a proper blast from the past Ruu, its important to have at least one of those a month!

My personal favourite 90's dance tune, actually from 1993, not 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

18 posts and no mention of this. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Makaveli wrote: »
    18 posts and no mention of this. Shocking.

Ah Anita Doth, one of my first "celebrity" crushes :o

Shane86 does the 86 in your username refer to your year of birth.

That would make you 6-7 in the early 90s wouldn't it.
    Were you a baby raver or something? :):D

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Tune.

Class. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

tech77 wrote: »

No. I was 86 years old when i signed up for boards.

I was in my early 70s in 1993 :p

nah mate, 1986, was born in the wrong time Im afraid. Best dance and hip hop was all when I was too young to know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

tech77 wrote: »
    Ah Anita Doth, one of my first "celebrity" crushes :o

Shane86 does the 86 in your username refer to your year of birth.

Im a 1985 baby and remember all those songs when they came out. Endless hours listening to the 2FM charts. Those were the days. Don't touch the radio now.

'It's My Life' by Dr. Alban is another favourite of mine.

shane86 wrote: »
    No. I was 86 years old when i signed up for boards.

I was in my early 70s in 1993 :p

nah mate, 1986, was born in the wrong time Im afraid. Best dance and hip hop was all when I was too young to know it.

Ah right, fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

and then there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1wvtGOBV-g&feature=related

cruddy video and not sure how to embed youtube links, but this is the mutts nutts. possibly not cheesy enough!

plazzTT wrote: »
    Good singing there plazzTT. A record deal is in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Good singing there plazzTT. A record deal is in the post.

Good god that is not me! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Absolute tune, one of my favs of all time :) Mr Vain, Ride on Time, Set You Free are class aswell, :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah mammaries!!

I remember when Rhythm is a Dancer came out first. It was played an awful lot on MTV, back when we got the European version and not the UK & Ireland version that we do now. It was also when they use to play actual music!!

I seem to remember it being played for up to a year on MTV before I even heard it in a club over here and then the club I heard it in was the The Olympic Ballroom (a Rave for all you kiddies too young to remember). Then it hit the charts.
    Big big tune too! Great days.......now where's my pipe and slippers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

This stuffs far better than the cheesy dance of today (Tiesto,Cascada) What happened?

Advertisement